Brewer Fanatic

2014-09-08 Marlins (Penny) at Brewers (Gallardo), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-4]

TooLiveBrew
From an organization's point of view, Braun's thumb injury needs to be resolved. If surgery is the best option, it needs to be done sooner rather than later. The Brewers have been in limbo for over a year on this. This is NOT a reflection on Braun - I'm sure he's doing everything he can to be as good as he can be.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my goodness baseball has been tough to watch the past few weeks. my favorite team has been horrendous. the other team i like to watch, the A's, have been awful as well. both these teams have dominated their divisions all year. one bad stretch is going to cost them division titles. somehow the brewers are still 6 to 1 to win the NL pennant. that's behind LA, WSH, and STL. Tied with the Giants. Don't know how the odds are still so good. this team should have had their odds drop to 20 to 1. vegas sports books are the only reason why i haven't thrown in the towel.

my goodness baseball has been tough to watch the past few weeks. my favorite team has been horrendous. the other team i like to watch, the A's, have been awful as well. both these teams have dominated their divisions all year. one bad stretch is going to cost them division titles. somehow the brewers are still 6 to 1 to win the NL pennant. that's behind LA, WSH, and STL. Tied with the Giants. Don't know how the odds are still so good. this team should have had their odds drop to 20 to 1. vegas sports books are the only reason why i haven't thrown in the towel.

I'd be shocked if we won the division or got a WC spot now. I suppose anything is possible but the team would have go on a tear of historic proportions to get back in contention. :(

This first base spot really needs to solved before next season

This is why I think Melvin should be fired. 2 years in a row of worst production at 1B. At least he made an attempt this year w Reynolds. Last year was inexcusable. He didnt even try a guy like Clark.

I don't view a guy like Mark Reynolds as much of an attempt. It was a desperation move at best. Reynolds is pretty transparent as a player, we knew exactly what were were getting, a guy who whiffs at an alarming rate, who would probably hit at the .200 mark, and hit 25 homers. He has lived up to that, but what team wants those numbers anchoring an offensive position like 1B?

Anyone who follows this sport and the players who play KNEW Reynolds would not be the answer to our 1B issue, yet we signed him anyway and got exactly what anyone with some baseball knowledge knew that we'd get.

I don't view that as an honest attempt in any way...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I'd be shocked if we won the division or got a WC spot now. I suppose anything is possible but the team would have go on a tear of historic proportions to get back in contention. :(

it's weird cause im in a complete state of denial. i can't believe they were 16 above .500 and now they are barely above .500. i still can't accept that the season is about to end like this. no way. this team is long overdue for a hot streak though. you know how they get when they are. the streaks are violent both ways. either epic win streaks or epic losing streaks.

In the interest of full disclosure, I emailed Haudricourt last night to ask why Mark Reynolds was starting against a RH SP. He answered fairly promptly and said it's b/c Reynolds' career numbers against Penny were very good.

It's just too bad Reynolds brought his 2014 approach instead of his Brad Penny approach last night.

Archived