Brewer Fanatic

2014-09-08 Marlins (Penny) at Brewers (Gallardo), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-4]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Khris Davis giving us something to cheer about! Great catch young man!

Heard on the radio that he is now 3rd in the NL in extra base hits. Quietly having a very, very good year once he started ignoring Narron in early May.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Might as well start Marco over everyone not named Mike Fiers. The $4M estimate in arbitration is starting to look tempting over a $13M option on Gallardo, which might only be worth it in hopes of getting a good first half to set up a trade.

It's bad when your long reliever was the lone bright-spot of the evening.

Well, that and the Davis diving catch. That was an actual dive too, not a fake flop dive or needless dive. he had to go all out to get it...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Might as well start Marco over everyone not named Mike Fiers. The $4M estimate in arbitration is starting to look tempting over a $13M option on Gallardo, which might only be worth it in hopes of getting a good first half to set up a trade.

Very little has gone right for this team since they took Marco out of the rotation. Yes, the HR were and are a problem, but I always thought it seemed like a move that didn't really need to be made when it was made. Saving Nelson and/or Fiers for later may have been the better move.

There was a time when a 2 run deficit didn't seem like a lot, and a win always felt possible...

Sadly, that time has past, and another loss seems like an automatic...

Prove me wrong Aramis, I dare ya!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

The question is, do we have enough starting pitching depth to replace 180 innings of sub 4.00 ERA? This, to me, is the saddest part of this season. We've enjoyed very good health in the starting rotation; it's unlikely for this to happen next year.

Lucroy at least gets some hits. Someone also forgot to tell Scooter about the team offensive slump, and Gomez was out long enough he forgot how badly he was swinging the bat before his injury, too.

Ramirez, Braun, Segura, & Reynolds are just plain worthless right now, and Davis hasn't been much better, either.

Why in the world Reynolds -- he of the .168 BA since July 1st -- is starting against a RH SP is beyond anything rational. His defense doesn't make up for ZERO offense. It would be one thing if he were actually driving in runs, but the 13 RBIs to go w/ his 8 HR since July 1 mean he's only driven in 5 guys besides himself in nearly 2.5 months, which is worse than Segura, and I haven't even checked to see if any of those HR's had anyone on base (I think at least one did)! Add the pitcher's spot and we've got 3 totally unproductive spots the lineup in addition to anybody else's slump -- Braun's & Ramirez's specifically at this point -- and it's no wonder we can't score any runs!

Archived