Brewer Fanatic

2014-09-06 Cardinals (Lynn) at Brewers (Lohse), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-3]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the fact that we were 18 games over

Slight correction. We were 19 games over after a win against Colorado on June 28th.

Which if we don't make the playoffs - he needs to be canned based on that alone. 19 games over to barely .500 and not in playoffs.

the fact that we were 18 games over

Slight correction. We were 19 games over after a win against Colorado on June 28th.

Thank you. That's even worse. We were 7 games up in the win column on the Cardinals at the end of the day on June 28th.

June 28th

Mil 51-32

St. L 44-38

Two months later, we still had a lead, even though we were playing terrible baseball.

Aug 30

Mil 73-62

St. L 71-63

Even though we had gone 22-30 over that two month period, St. Louis had only played .500 ball, well a game over .500 ball, going 27-25.

Now look at us

September 6th

St. L 78-64

Mil 74-68

Sigh.

How does a team go from being 19 games over .500, on track to have the greatest season in franchise history, to completely missing the playoffs? I mean, this isn't on par with the Giants winning the pennant over the Brooklyn Dodgers in 1951, mind you, because the Dodgers had a much larger lead. But at least Dodger fans could console themselves with the fact that the Giants played some pretty amazing baseball, finishing the season with a 37-8 run. Well, the Cardinals have been pretty average. Not only have they played terribly, they lost their best player, too.

We have 20 games left. How many games do we need to win to ensure we make the playoffs?

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

We have 20 games left. How many games do we need to win to ensure we make the playoffs?

Well we are really only competing vs Braves and Pirates at this time for the second wild card. 10-10 probably isn't enough as one of the 3 will do better. 12-8? After Sunday - each team has 6 series left. One team will win or almost win them all and walk in

This is easily the crew's most disappointing season ever for me. They are falling behind pittsburgh and I don't see a way they can recover. Assuming this epic collapse continues I do not see a way ownership can restore any faith in the team for next season outside of somehow acquiring an ace, an acceptable first basemen and fixing braun/ segura/ the bullpen. LOUD NOISES!!!
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

I really wish the Brewers would move Nelson. Not that he has pitched awful but he does not understand how to pitch and this staff is certainly not the team to do that. Let's face it if a team has watched your closer tip pitches for 2 years without you picking that up, that tells everyone that your not focused on the details.

I was at the game today. It was probably the most pathetic game I've ever been to. The team just looked completely defeated from the moment they stepped onto the field. They are quite obviously mentally destroyed right now, and it shows with the multitude of stupid errors that happened on the field today and over the past week+. Don't get me wrong, Wainright and that filthy change-up were really tough, but they were throwing it around like my softball team today.

I've been a very positive fan the entire year, but I have no faith in this team making the playoffs... and frankly just getting the wild card is a huge disappointment to me already.

The most frustrating thing to me is that I can't really explain why this is happening... I look around at the team and for the most part I really like it. I think we could use a better hitting SS and 1B but other than that I think the position players are pretty strong. I also like most of the pitchers. I don't know why they have played so poorly for so long now.

Archived