Brewer Fanatic

2014-09-04 Cardinals (Wacha) at Brewers (Peralta), 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-2]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So what's the next trick in this losing streak? What type of game have the Brewers not lost yet? 1-0 shutout?

No-hit or perfect game.

I'll call a broken streak tomorrow night -- only because I think it's preposterous to do so, but at this point, so what?

9 in a row. You knew the collapse was coming, only a matter of when.

Demoralizing as this losing streak is, that's still a ridiculous statement.

Well, I disagree. I always sensed it was coming and here it is; the team has been mediocre since May.

Wow, RRR used only 6 pitchers tonight. That has to be some sort of record.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I didn't like seeing Logan Schafer getting meaningful at-bats in this game (and yes I know he really squared one up that Bourjos made an amazing play on.)

Schafer had a .549 OPS this season going into tonight's game

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

This game should really seal RRR's fate. I haven't been on the firing bandwagon, but that inning was the last straw. Bunting to set up a .180 hitter, with a .230 hitter in the hole is just pathetic.

That was indeed very very poor managing

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Maldonado's gotten the bunts down before including in squeeze situations. That part of it's not ridiculous. If Maldonado gets the bunt down, the game is tied on Schafer's deep fly ball.

Personally I would've preferred to see Overbay swing away since his BA since Aug. 1st is over .300 -- one of few on the team whose game hasn't been a total disaster. That said, lately nothing's been going right, so when that trend continues, it really wouldn't have mattered what choices Roenicke would've made b/c it likely wouldn't have worked and, because we're all so frustrated, the "fire Roenicke" posts/rants/thoughts would've probably been invoked regardless.

I'll also admit that my bigger frustration was him letting Segura hit b/c his clutch hitting has been terrible for a very long time, his BA is putrid, his OBP is putrid, and he has 6 RBIs since July 1. I'd much rather have seen Overbay hit & then Maldy try to get the bunt down, PH-ing for Segura, or just PH-ing Herrera for Segura b/c he at least seems to be able to do something every once in a while.

Maybe it's time for Segura to come down with a contagious case of shoulder soreness from Wei-Chung Wang -- in other words, I wish they'd come up with an excuse to DL & shut down Segura for the rest of the year b/c he's doing nothing to help the team and plenty of harm. I'm not condemning him. Probably very few of us on this board can relate to his losing his son. I just can't help but wonder if Segura's just mentally worn out -- and if that's so, I wouldn't blame him one bit. Right now I think there's at least one other SS on the roster who would have a better chance of contributing to winning baseball right now, and I'd rather he be playing than Segura.

Archived