Brewer Fanatic

Split with the CARDS?

rickh150
Well, we didn't win tonight and I doubt we'll win tomorrow against one of the top pitchers in the game. Go ahead, roll your eyes. But this team does the same stupid things night after night. What in the hell was Braun doing trying to score in the first on a short fly ball? If he would have stayed put Lucroy would have brought him home. We have no clue on how to play small ball and get runners in with less than 3 out. Loshe had a bad night but the bullpen did a good job keeping the team in the game. Unfortunately we can't hit our way out of a paper bag so that bullpen performance was wasted. You don't lose 9 out of 10 games in late August/September and expect to stay in contention for the playoffs. The only way a fan can express his/her displeasure is to stay at home. It looks like some are. There were a lot of Cardinal fans in Miller Park tonight.

1. Real fans don't stay home when things go bad.

2. If you stay home because of a losing streak of a playoff contender, stay home when they win too- don't need ya.

3. Easy thing to say others are doing it too (staying home/lot of Cardinals fans), doesn't make it right

4. Need I remind you that we, as in Milwaukee, lost a team already in the 60's... your attitude speaks volumes why.

5. Band wagon hopper

Well, we didn't win tonight and I doubt we'll win tomorrow against one of the top pitchers in the game. Go ahead, roll your eyes. But this team does the same stupid things night after night. What in the hell was Braun doing trying to score in the first on a short fly ball? If he would have stayed put Lucroy would have brought him home. We have no clue on how to play small ball and get runners in with less than 3 out. Loshe had a bad night but the bullpen did a good job keeping the team in the game. Unfortunately we can't hit our way out of a paper bag so that bullpen performance was wasted. You don't lose 9 out of 10 games in late August/September and expect to stay in contention for the playoffs. The only way a fan can express his/her displeasure is to stay at home. It looks like some are. There were a lot of Cardinal fans in Miller Park tonight.

1. Real fans don't stay home when things go bad.

2. If you stay home because of a losing streak of a playoff contender, stay home when they win too- don't need ya.

3. Easy thing to say others are doing it too (staying home/lot of Cardinals fans), doesn't make it right

4. Need I remind you that we, as in Milwaukee, lost a team already in the 60's... your attitude speaks volumes why.

5. Band wagon hopper

Don't you call out a fan on his/her fandome because they want to send a message that this level of play is unacceptable. I can't go to games. I live clear across the continent. I've been a fan of this franchise since the early 80s so I'm no band wagon hopper. But we fans shouldn't be happy with this situation either. What else can a fan do to express their displeasure? Write a letter to Mark A?

Don't you call out a fan on his/her fandome because they want to send a message that this level of play is unacceptable. I can't go to games. I live clear across the continent. I've been a fan of this franchise since the early 80s so I'm no band wagon hopper. But we fans shouldn't be happy with this situation either. What else can a fan do to express their displeasure? Write a letter to Mark A?

With that attitude I highly doubt you followed the Brewers one iota during the unbelievably barren years between 1993-2005. If you actually did follow them during that time you must have been the most unpleasant person to talk to regarding Brewers baseball. Were you trying to get people to not go to games then as well? I'm pretty sure the teams we trotted out back then did that well enough on their own.

No one's happy the team has done so poorly the last couple weeks. However, I just don't see how two weeks of (very poorly timed) awful baseball equals a boycott.

I thought Haudricourt's column in the paper today was on point......about to lose 10 out of last 11....http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/brewers-have-three-weeks-to-prove-they-actually-belong-in-playoffs-b99345183z1-274240991.html

Pirates have now passed the Crew

It's depressing beyond words. The panoramic shot of the largely empty Miller Park during the 'Photo of the Game' segment was just brutal. Only 18 days ago the Brewers were tied for the most wins in the NL and their playoff chances were around 90%. They're now under 1 in 3 by the book, and in honesty I don't think they're even that good. If these games were fights and they were just losing them on tough breaks that would be one thing. They simply aren't competitive. I know people don't want to hear it, and I'm not deflecting all blame from management, but in my experience streaks like this are largely about the mental makeup of the players, either individually, as a group dynamic, or both.

http://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/assets/4982670/parrathrow_medium.gif

Ugh. Thanks for posting. I didn't see it as I turned away for a moment to hear people groan.

Anyone have video of Pagnozzi allowing a pop foul to land on the on-deck circle?

Archived