Brewer Fanatic

Split with the CARDS?

rickh150

When the seemingly impossible happens (losing a bunch straight in the midst of a pennant drive), maybe the only good thing to remember is that baseball is full of improbable possibilities.......

Fiers is the best pitcher on our staff

The Cubs look like world beaters after on pace for well over 100 losses

The 69 Mets

Kirk Gibson in 88 and his lame interviews in 14 after drilling hitters

Here's my small reminder that baseball is full of surprises...... so let's get on the positive and simply believe another seemingly impossible thing can soon happen and that is to beat the Cardinals 4 games in Milwaukee

- get out there and support!

I appreciate your enthusiasm but I fear you are cheering for a lost cause. I'll be shocked if we win more than 6 games before the end of the season. Fans should stay home and send a message to MA that this implosion is totally unacceptable.

I appreciate your enthusiasm but I fear you are cheering for a lost cause. I'll be shocked if we win more than 6 games before the end of the season. Fans should stay home and send a message to MA that this implosion is totally unacceptable.

I would certainly hope that are fans are better and more loyal than that. Exactly what should we be "punishing," either Mark A, or the Brewers for? Seriously? Losing games? Has Attanasio not done almost everything he could to field a winning team? Has he not given Melvin a payroll to compete with given our market size? Has Melvin not used that money aggressively? Honestly, IMO, anyone who doesn't appreciate this teams effort and performance this year should stay home. Me, I've been thrilled to watch them this year and while I hope they can get back on track, it's going to take more than a bad month for me to bail.

The only thing not going to games does is it puts less money in the owners pockets which takes money out of the payroll.

I will guarantee the Brewers win more than 6 games the rest of the way as well.

The first post was great. The world has not ended and the Brewers are still in contention.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Staying home and not buying tickets does nothing but perhaps lower the budget next year so that the team is even worse in 2015. I still have faith in this team and don't really think Atlanta is that good so even if they can't pick up three games on the Cardinals they should be in good shape to make the playoffs and then anything is possible.

I'd have replied to this sooner but when I first saw this post my eyes rolled all the way into the back of my head.

[sarcasm]Why don't we just campaign to have the team move and tear down Miller Park while we're at it? I mean, after all, they've lost EIGHT games in a row![/sarcasm]

Or..... we could just take a deep breath, relax and see what happens the rest of the way.

I don't understand the Fire RR, stop going to games, the season is over sentiments. They lost 8 in a row. so what. The brewers have won 8 in a row twice this season as well.

The fact that now people think the brewers will be lucky to win 6 games over last rest of the season is craziness.

Drew Olson says it best that each team will have 2 hot and cold streaks over the course of the season, the brewers have used those all up. Now is the time to get off of the snide and start playing more consistent.

Unacceptable? Guys, if the season ended right now this team is in the playoffs! Right now! Note isn't the time to boycott Milwaukee.. Now is when they need the fan support. Write to Attanasio?! Who are you? Go buy a brat, remember this is a game and realize the Brewers have had a pretty improbable season. Let's bring it home.

Write to Attanasio about your disappointment? Some people and their kids...

Unacceptable? Guys, if the season ended right now this team is in the playoffs! Right now! Note isn't the time to boycott Milwaukee.. Now is when they need the fan support. Write to Attanasio?! Who are you? Go buy a brat, remember this is a game and realize the Brewers have had a pretty improbable season. Let's bring it home.

While this run is disappointing, I just think it is the regress to the mean that should have been expected all year. This is probably a .490 baseball team that for 4/6th of the season has played .490 baseball. The fact that they have been in first place all year and had a great April is a treat. Having them being in playoff conversation on Sept 4th is a treat. One just can't lose sight that they are probably a .490 baseball team. However, like the playoffs, these series' are must win at this point. I'll take 3-1, but I'm guessing we probably go 2-2. This team has overachieved and I don't see the point in firing people that have turned a .490 team into a .510 team when all they did was simply regress to their expected mean during a few disappointing stretches.

It's been a fun ride. Who thought they'd be in first place for just about the whole season. It's better than the alternative of A LOT of past Brewer seasons. Hopefully they can take at least 2 of the next 3 against the Cards and get back on track. Let's remember, as of right now, they are still in the playoffs.

It's been a fun ride. Who thought they'd be in first place for just about the whole season. It's better than the alternative of A LOT of past Brewer seasons. Hopefully they can take at least 2 of the next 3 against the Cards and get back on track. Let's remember, as of right now, they are still in the playoffs.

Well, we didn't win tonight and I doubt we'll win tomorrow against one of the top pitchers in the game. Go ahead, roll your eyes. But this team does the same stupid things night after night. What in the hell was Braun doing trying to score in the first on a short fly ball? If he would have stayed put Lucroy would have brought him home. We have no clue on how to play small ball and get runners in with less than 3 out. Loshe had a bad night but the bullpen did a good job keeping the team in the game. Unfortunately we can't hit our way out of a paper bag so that bullpen performance was wasted. You don't lose 9 out of 10 games in late August/September and expect to stay in contention for the playoffs. The only way a fan can express his/her displeasure is to stay at home. It looks like some are. There were a lot of Cardinal fans in Miller Park tonight.

Archived