Brewer Fanatic

2014-09-03 Brewers (Garza) at Cubs (Hendricks), 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-2]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Should have known better when we got our token run. Can we just forfeit the rest of the season? I'd be less embarrassed if we literally didn't show up than continuously seeing shells of players trot out there and got blown out every game.

You know I was sad with Garza in the game but somehow I actually felt worse when Estrada came in. He's gone from people claiming he was a legitimate 2/3 to being a white flag in less than a season.

... and Ramirez caught that with his boob, sweet.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Marginally relevant fact I just researched:

Since the AS break, the Brewers have won exactly 1 game when giving up 4 runs or more. They beat the Cards 7-4 on August 1.

Edit: Additionally, the Brewers are 1-14 since the break when giving up at least 4 runs. Tonight would make 15.

Edit 2: As a point of comparison, the Cards are 8-14 in that same span.

If the season plays out like this the rest of the way I hope we can expect major organizational shake-ups and changes. If we aren't going to make the postseason maybe a tailspin which possibly results in a sub-.500 record is exactly what we needed. That would be tough to spin as it seems like it is every year.

If the season plays out like this the rest of the way I hope we can expect major organizational shake-ups and changes. If we aren't going to make the postseason maybe a tailspin which possibly results in a sub-.500 record is exactly what we needed. That would be tough to spin as it seems like it is every year.

All I know is if we miss the playoffs, and end up under .500 after being 18 games over .500 at one point, then the entire coaching staff should be fired. And no, I am not overreacting. I know the players on the field ultimately decide a game. But if our coaching staff, the guys who are being paid to evaluate those players, to identify and correct the mistakes they see, can't do anything at all to help save this team from completely imploding, then they do not need to be coaching in Milwaukee.

This is a complete implosion. We're about to fall to 73-66. 7 games over .500. We were the first team in the Majors to 50 wins. That was on June 27th. We were 50-32. We are about to be 73-66. That means the Milwaukee Brewers have gone 23-34 since getting win #50.

We are in a free fall that I would think to be pretty much unprecedented, even for this franchise.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived