Brewer Fanatic

Would the Brewers fire Roenicke

MDBrew
Living in the Baltimore area I don't hear much Brewers talk, but listening today as they were taking MLB/Playoffs one of the guys mentioned that he wouldn't be surprised if the Brewers fired their manager if they were to keep losing by the end of the week saying that they have done it before. I don't see them making a change but wanted to know what others thought or if there is any talk by fans in the Milwaukee area.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes I do believe the Brewers would fire Roenicke. But not until the season is over. I'd say that not exceeding 82wins on the year would put him on the Hot seat. We'd miss the Playoffs have a laughing stock collapse( would mean an 11-25 record or worse finish) And there's just no reason to head in to a next season with the same cast of Managers believing they will get it done when all of them failed the year prior. All fresh faces/ideas are what's called for at that point.

Just noticed that other than the Rangers (who quit months ago), no team in baseball has lost more than two in a row...we're going on seven and getting blown out in most of them. Just embarrassing.

Welcome to the majors, Rogers. Play the hungry kids. Tomorrow's lineup should have Rogers, Clark, and Gomez. Why continue to trot out the same faces in essentially the same order only to get blown out? Rather than seeing it something will hold for a change, nuke the lineup and yank the pitcher after the first rough spot - you have 34 players after all.

Johnny Narron would likely get axed first - if they were really going to axe anyone. Just my humble opinion, of course.

I was for putting the Narrons on a paddleboat in the SF Bay and leaving town without them. Provide a pen and paper for Jerry to do some calligraphy.

I don't see Mark A. firing another manager in September again.

Nah, a dangerous pattern to get immersed into. And the situation right now is beyond a manager or any individual saving alone...in 2008, Edgar's idiocy was literally 80% of the problem.

All this talk of firing RRR, but who is gonna step in? At least in 2008 you had Svuem

[sarcasm]Craig Counsell[/sarcasm]

The whole coaching staff should be gone at some point before the start of 2015.

Well Narron and Sedar for sure should be. Sedar is horrible at 3rd. Narron has this team just swinging away at everything. And quite frankly someone needs to be held accountable for this team taking a complete noise dive. So RRR should probably be canned too

If we miss the playoffs

THEY'RE A LOCK!!!!1!!

Carl's Stone Cold Lock of the Century of the Week.

I told you a RR is only the start. Someone is destined to make a Doug Melvin fire thread.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

They won't fire Roenicke without firing Melvin first. Melvin's already on his 4th manager if you count Sveum. How many GM's can whiff on that many key decisions and still retain his job? That being said Attanasio is loyal to Melvin to a fault so I see no changes even if the slide is so bad they finish under .500.

I think there is little to no chance either RR or DM gets fired over this. I haven't read anything that RR has lost the team or anything like that. The Brewers just happen to be playing pathetically bad baseball for the last week. They can't hit and they can't pitch; I don't think the coaching has anything to do with the whole team deciding to slump at once.

This stretch has been incredibly disappointing and even though we are right in the middle of a playoff race it sure as heck doesn't feel like it.

I just hope some good comes out of this and the Brewers improve certain areas in 2015. They need more guys that will be patient at the plate consistently and can get on base. Too many free swingers that are prone to slumps. Plus Braun needs to figure his thing out; either get the thumb surgery or stop blaming his mediocre performance and his myriad of injuries.

The Brewers are slumping badly just at the time the Packers season starts; most people probably don't even care about the Crew anymore.

I think there is little to no chance either RR or DM gets fired over this. I haven't read anything that RR has lost the team or anything like that. The Brewers just happen to be playing pathetically bad baseball for the last week. They can't hit and they can't pitch; I don't think the coaching has anything to do with the whole team deciding to slump at once.

This stretch has been incredibly disappointing and even though we are right in the middle of a playoff race it sure as heck doesn't feel like it.

I just hope some good comes out of this and the Brewers improve certain areas in 2015. They need more guys that will be patient at the plate consistently and can get on base. Too many free swingers that are prone to slumps. Plus Braun needs to figure his thing out; either get the thumb surgery or stop blaming his mediocre performance and his myriad of injuries.

The Brewers are slumping badly just at the time the Packers season starts; most people probably don't even care about the Crew anymore.

This first piece is the piece that frustrates me the most when I hear it. This isn't an attack at you. I get it, managers are not the ones playing. But Managers do have a huge impact to the game. They make the lineup, they pull the strings. RRR called the hit and run last night with Ramirez at the plate, with a guy on first and third and only one out. Braun gets tossed out and then Ramirez flys out to RF. Game could have been 4-2, guy on first with Davis up. Instead it was 4-1 and inning over.

Also, not having Clark or Rogers be given a try and trotting Reynolds out there everyday has been a huge problem. I know this isn't solely his decision, but Reynolds is horrible. Combine that with the suckage of Segura and you have an automatic inning skipper come the 7 - 9 hitters of our lineup. I know other teams don't have great hitters down there, but none of the playoff teams sport three straight spots with guys having an OBP under .300. Combine that with Davis' barely over .300 OBP and you have 4 straight spots who don't frequent 1B a lot.

The 2nd piece I bolded, sure, get more guys who are patient at the plate. I would love it! But the bad news is then have a fire sale as Gomez, Braun Ramirez, Scooter, Davis, Reynolds, Segura are all first pitch swingers. This whole team has been built around swing first guys. (Thus why they are in the bottom 5 in total walks as a team. Oakland leads baseball and has over 150 more walks than us.)

While the 7 game losing streak has been heart breaking, ultimately this team looked like a .500 team from day one. Regression as they say.

I doubt anyone gets fired here, but it doesn't make this any easier. Personally, anyone and everyone that has anything to do with our drafts needs to go, but that's just me. Edit: Well, I didnt see Seid passed away before I typed this. Now I feel bad.

I guess its time to admit this team was never very good from the start and we are what we are. A team that has some nice pieces but isn't particularly good at any one thing.

The 2nd piece I bolded, sure, get more guys who are patient at the plate. I would love it! But the bad news is then have a fire sale as Gomez, Braun, Ramirez, Scooter, Davis, Reynolds, Segura are all first pitch swingers. This whole team has been built around swing first guys. (Thus why they are in the bottom 5 in total walks as a team. Oakland leads baseball and has over 150 more walks than us.)

The entire team has been COACHED to be first pitch swingers. It's why Davis was so screwed up in April. Funny how he's looked much better since then.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived