Brewer Fanatic

College Basketball Thread 2014-15

homer
  • Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very interesting article, i think Marquette would have as good of a chance as anyone else to sign the greek freaks brother. could be another 5 star recruit for Wojo

http://iowastate.247sports.com/Bolt/Kostas-Antetokounmpo-A-five-star-talent-37281247

He's at the Nike camp so he's not a shoe-in at Maryland like his teammate Stone. But with his family/brother in Milwaukee, you're right in that Marquette has a great shot at him. He'll probably be a one-and-done, but you never know - with Giannis giving the family financial stability he might stick around to develop his skills and get an education or at least 1-2 years closer to graduation.

Regarding graduate transfers to fill the last two open schollies, I think the most likely is Chris Olivier, a 6'8" 245 lb power forward from Eastern IL. He's from Chicago, so Marquette would be close to home, and he'd make a great backup for Fischer/Ellenson at the 4/5. Second would be Anton Grady, a 6'8" 225 lb PF from Cleveland State, who averaged 14 ppg and 8 rpg; would also make a great backup for Fischer/Ellenson. Third would be Thomasz Gielo, a 6'9" 220 lb PF from Liberty. Not the post presence the other two have, but he can step out and hit the 3 (career >40%). And he's Polish, so Wojo may have a soft spot for him.

Very interesting article, i think Marquette would have as good of a chance as anyone else to sign the greek freaks brother. could be another 5 star recruit for Wojo

http://iowastate.247sports.com/Bolt/Kostas-Antetokounmpo-A-five-star-talent-37281247

Kostas has potential but to consider him even close to a 5 star is ridiculous. They seem to be basing it on his bloodlines but not all on production. Take a look at his stats in both high school and aau and explains to me how is much more than a huge gamble right now.

I agree; he has a long long way to go before he can be a legitimate division 1 players. Extremely athletic but beyond that he hasn't shown much at all. A 5 star rating is really rather ridiculous at this point. He was a role player on his HS team and has had no success at the AAU level yet for cripes sake.

If his name was Mike Jones he wouldn't even be rated at this point. That being said, he's so raw that who wouldn't want him on the off chance he improves greatly over the next few years, but yes a big gamble.

read that Marquette article, surprising they have that many retired numbers. Could even make a case that Diener should be in there, retired #3 in scoring only 80 behind #1, 2nd in assists, 2nd in 3s. Played all four years, final fours, All american Honorable mention. I'm in the camp that it should be rare and probably only for four year players.

Wonder if Kaminski will get the honor at UW. Montee Ball could make an argument in football too. Career and single season TD records, 3 conf championships, played all four years.

i agree with you, with a limited set of available numbers, should really be reserved for national player of the year.

I think its a great idea to honor players like Wade by having a packers like ring of honor, but to retire numbers in college should really be way more selective.

• 1 month later...

Archived