Brewer Fanatic

College Basketball Thread 2014-15

homer
I think foul trouble will be the biggest factor. Bucky can't afford to have ANY of their starters sitting on the bench for any significant amount of time. Especially if Frank or Dekker get in foul trouble at the beginning of the game, or to start the 2nd half that would be very difficult to overcome.

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going tomorrow as well. Just can't wait for the entire experience. I was going regardless if we made it so it just makes it sweeter, especially if we pull this out somehow.

I agree that the biggest problem I see is that if we put Frank on Towns they'll feed him and he'll keep slamming into Frank until Frank eventually picks up a couple fouls. If we put Nigel on Towns, he has a 4 inch height advantage. Tough problem to solve. I also have a fear because I watched the bloodbath Kentucky laid on West Va last Thursday after having 5 days to prepare, I'm afraid they just play their A game tomorrow and there's nothing we can do about it then.

I'm not to worried about defending the 3, not sure where that's coming from. They really only have one good shooter. In fact the strategy will be to try and force them to shoot from outside.

On the other hand if it's a UK vs Duke final with UK winning I'll win every bracket I'm in, I'll be able to sell Monday's tickets for lots of money, and won't spend on two more nights of hotel/partying. Large financial swing in my directions if UK wins but I don't care, go Bucky, this will be greatest sports win of my life as well.

I also have a fear because I watched the bloodbath Kentucky laid on West Va last Thursday after having 5 days to prepare, I'm afraid they just play their A game tomorrow and there's nothing we can do about it then.

I don't see that happening. West Virginia basically tried to play Kentucky's game, and failed miserably. The Badgers are a low turnover team and they have guys at every position who can handle the ball and they also don't try to press or grab many offensive rebounds (which leads to fast breaks the other way).

I'm really excited for the game, I really think that Bucky has a legit chance.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Yea of course we're not going to play that style. I'm just saying a well prepped UK team that plays their A game (due to having a week off) can't be beat unless we shoot 83% from 3 again, or whatever it was. We need them not to play their best.

fivethirtyeight gives Wisconsin a 31% chance of winning, and I think that's quite reasonable. Wisconsin winning this would be a moderate upset. Kentucky has largely avoided the elite teams this year (Notre Dame's 32-6 season, ACC title, and good tournament run perhaps qualifies). I have a strange feeling that either Wisconsin pulls it out or Kentucky runs away with it, but I'll go with the former.

Wisconsin 71

Kentucky 68

Michigan State 55

dook 71

Not to look ahead, but to do so. If WI beats UK and faces Duke and Beats them also? They'd have faced every higher seed they could possibly and won every game doing so. They'd have to be considered at or near the Greatest College Basketball of all-time having done so no? I mean Beating the NBA talent rich Kentucky and then getting to replay #1 seed Duke for the title one of only 3 teams to beat you in 2015? That is how special this team can become. It'd have to be considered the greatest Tourney team ever. When you factor everything in.

I can't believe UW is playing for the national championship. They played a hell of a game; rebounding was huge and defense was huge down the stretch. They got a break on the Hayes put back but they also got screwed on that no call on the flagrant

That was a great game. I thought the turnovers were going to kill the Badgers but they played better in the 2nd half and were able to keep control and stopped the silly errors. Though I am not sure how that wasn't a flagrant 1.

I don't think it was a coincidence that UW went on a 16-4 run after the no call flagrant. Bo's always been able to rally the team and a no-call on a literal slap in the face may have been exactly what the guys needed.
Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

Let's see . . .

Monday, no school. Nice!

Brewers Opening Day at 11 am (well, 10 am, since I'll actually watch the pre game show.) Nice!!!

Grilling out beer brats. Nice!!!!

Badgers in the title game at 6 pm! NICE!!!!!!!

School the next day . . . Not so nice. Might just be a "movie" day in my classroom, as I likely will have no voice.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Let's see . . .

Monday, no school. Nice!

Brewers Opening Day at 11 am (well, 10 am, since I'll actually watch the pre game show.) Nice!!!

Grilling out beer brats. Nice!!!!

Badgers in the title game at 6 pm! NICE!!!!!!!

School the next day . . . Not so nice. Might just be a "movie" day in my classroom, as I likely will have no voice.

It just so happens Monday is day 1 of my 48 hours off. Its supposed to be 82 down here in Phoenix (you're up north if I remember right). I may just have to bring the tv out on to the patio for the day!

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Couldn't sleep last night. too excited. Probably got about 3 hours

Duke will be tough and has been playing great the whole tourney; I think UW has some things going for it

1. Duke won't shoot 65% again

2. A huge player in that game was Sulomon and he is not on the team anymore

3. Dekker was still fairly hobbled by the ankle bath

4. Some weird intangible voodoo the Badgers seem to have; they are making all the plays they need to make it seems.

I have a better feeling about this game than Kentucky or Arizona. Not sure why since Duke has been playing so well. UW had a far tougher road to get here and are just loaded with experience. It will be a bit of a let down if they lose after knocking off Kentucky but it might be one of the greatest tourney runs in history if they can beat UNC, Arizona, Kentucky, and Duke in four consecutive games to win the thing.

The only recently relevant dynasty type team not on that list is UCONN. Indiana and UCLA haven't been on that level for awhile, so absolutely win or lose this has to go down as an all time great run.

Archived