Brewer Fanatic

2014-09-01 Brewers (Nelson) at Cubs (Turner), 1:20 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-2; 6th straight L & slip out of 1st place in division]

TooLiveBrew
When Gomez comes back, bench Braun and play Parra.

Bench Segura now and play Herrera.

Reynolds is not allowed to play against right-handed pitching, either.

That should help the offense a lot!

Go Brewers!

Something tells me benching Braun for a guy that's batting .222 since joining the team is a bad idea. But that's just me.

To be fair, Braun is only hitting .234 since Parra joined the team.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Braun only gets hits against soft-tossing lefties.

Against most righties, Braun's swings are way too often not even in the same area code as the pitched ball. He is glaringly bad. The bad thumb has turned him into a bum.

Segura cannot hit because his weight is on his front leg instead of his back leg and he is just flailing and bailing at balls all season.

Reynolds is just not a good hitter, period.

Why do we keep playing these guys?

Go Brewers!

When will Roenicke wake up?

Bench Braun!

Bench Segura!

Bench Reynolds!

Shake it up!

Go Brewers!

Against most righties, Braun's swings are way too often not even in the same area code as the pitched ball. He is glaringly bad. The bad thumb has turned him into a bum.

Segura cannot hit because his weight is on his front leg instead of his back leg and he is just flailing and bailing at balls all season.

That will sound good by the end of the week unless Roenicke shows some courage and shakes this lineup up by benching the bad hitters--namely, Braun, Segura, and Reynolds.

We get it.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Go Brewers!

When will Roenicke wake up?

Bench Braun!

Bench Segura!

Bench Reynolds!

Shake it up!

Go Brewers!

That will sound good by the end of the week unless Roenicke shows some courage and shakes this lineup up by benching the bad hitters--namely, Braun, Segura, and Reynolds.

We get it.

Unless Roenicke is part of the "we," it won't matter!

The Brewers can turn this around just as quickly as they lost it.....Baseball is a streaky game. I could see the Crew getting on a hot streak and riding that through the rest of the season. Better to get a week like this out of the way instead of playing like this at the end of September
The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Team slumps have a way of making everything seem lousy. The pitching's been reasonably respectable except for those couple SF debacles and K-Rod's meltdown against SD, but the offense is going so badly right now that they're giving the team no chance to win -- to the extent that I think a Brewer pitcher who throws a complete game perfect game still would only have a 50-50 chance of being the winning pitcher.

It wouldn't take much for this to turn around, but I'm very concerned that it'll happen soon enough to even matter.

(Yup, the sky's falling.)

We have to platoon in RF: Parra against righties, Braun against lefties.

We have to platoon at 1B: Overbay against all righties, Lucroy against lefties with Maldonado catching.

We have to bench Segura outright until Herrera begins to look like Segura II.

"my give up!"

-jar jar binks. That's who this team reminds me of right now. A bunch of horribly placed, series ruining dumb characters.

"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Just want to state. If we lose to Chicago tomorrow Milwaukee will have the worst record of all the NL Central teams since their 20-7 start.

That's depressing and pretty much says it all.

I was actually just going to look that up... remember the whole gambler's fallacy argument on the MLB forum from earlier in the season? That's why I hate the "if the team only plays .XXX baseball from here on out we win the division" type talk, it's always brought up after the most extreme hot streak of the team, and it never works out that way.

That would be a much better argument around the all-star break.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Is it just me, or are Cubs fans the worst in baseball when it comes to judging HR balls? They go nuts for just about any fly out that goes within forty feet of the warning track.

They learned it from Harry Caray. "THERE'S A DRIVE!!!!" (caught by the SS backing up 12 steps)

Just want to state. If we lose to Chicago tomorrow Milwaukee will have the worst record of all the NL Central teams since their 20-7 start.

That's depressing and pretty much says it all.

I was actually just going to look that up... remember the whole gambler's fallacy argument on the MLB forum from earlier in the season? That's why I hate the "if the team only plays .XXX baseball from here on out we win the division" type talk, it's always brought up after the most extreme hot streak of the team, and it never works out that way.

That would be a much better argument around the all-star break.

Yes but IF Milw played just 7 games over .500 the last 135games. 71-64 a .529pct Then 91-71 record was going to happen. That is 5months of games to go 14-13 basically. You can go 10-17 in a month if you avg 15-12 the other 4. A team that wins 20 games in April and 18Games in June(38-18 record combined) It's stupifying how they've won just 35games in the other 3months. 35-46 Equates to

11.66-15.33 Monthly avg. the other 3 months. 19-9 for 2months. to 11.66-15-33 the other 3. Not 12-15. avg.(72-63) Not 13-14 avg.(75-60) and the .529pct avg. 14-13(82-57)

After June they were 18games above .500. Past halfway on the season 51-33 .607pct Just 78games left over 3months.(26per avg)

How does the team just falter from a 6-4 per 10game team. to a 4-6 per 10 game for the next 2months? 22-31 since that start. We've had a Healthy Pitching staff(Garza-Nelson bridge a close enough FIP to be the same SP) So this all falls on the Offense/Bullpen.

Archived