Brewer Fanatic

2014 Rule 5 Protection & The 40-Man Roster - Jungmann, Rivera, Strong, Goforth Added

Mass Haas
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
or whether Rogers is doomed to the same fate of never being considered.

This. Just like Thornburg never had a chance at the rotation last season Rogers will never get a fair shot at first base this season.

Or maybe, just maybe, guys that watch and evaluate these guys for a living believe he's just a guy and can't play at the major league level. Would that be possible? Maybe it's a me problem, but I don't see anybody banging the door down to trade for Rogers thinking he just needs a "fair shot."

• 3 weeks later...

Or maybe, just maybe, guys that watch and evaluate these guys for a living believe he's just a guy and can't play at the major league level. Would that be possible? Maybe it's a me problem, but I don't see anybody banging the door down to trade for Rogers thinking he just needs a "fair shot."

Long, long ago... in 2013 he was the minor league player of the year. Who makes that decision?

Seid believed in him to the point of lobbying Melvin to promote him to the majors. Maybe, just maybe the guys that watch and evaluate these guys think he can play in the majors and the GM doesn't want to use him.

Melvin's also not afraid to bury guys in AAA as emergency backups to his emergency backups. People might have asked for him but aren't willing to risk a lot.

Formerly AKA Pete

• 2 months later...
Sean Halton selected by Baltimore

Though not an official non-roster invitee, Halton has appeared in two games with the Orioles this spring and is 2 for 2 with a walk in 3 PA. He's boasting a 3.000 OPS. Still can't understand making him available in the minor league draft.

Archived