Brewer Fanatic

5 Hank The Dog Bobbleheads 9/13 Giveaway

bfishman

Any chance you'd trade one?

I can't bring myself to spring for $40+ for a bobblehead that will be 40,000 pieces...

Yeah, I get it, this is a popular one, lots of people that don't normally collect will want to keep this one because it is HANK, I get all that, but I just can't bring myself to pay that much, so I am still looking for a trading partner...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I don't think this one will ever be a $10 bobble. This one is drawing people who are specifically going to the game for this bobblehead who maybe don't collect other bobbles. The prices for tickets to the game on the secondary market are as high as any bobble in recent memory.

• 2 weeks later...
I agree that there will be a lot of people who don't normally collect bobbles, but will want to keep this one, but on the flipside, the gypsies can smell blood, and ebay will be absolutely flooded with them come tomorrow night...

If this is not an all fan give away, like it has been promoted, they are going to have some issues tonight when fans find out... More than any other bobble game in memory, people are going to this game for the bobble, if they don't get one, it could get ugly.

I think BSC is correct though, it does say ALL fan give away on the website.

As expected, ebay is full of Hank bobbles... Some still think they will get $40+, others have started out less...

No way the value of this bobble stays anywhere near the $40 dollar mark with so many people trying to unload them at the same time.

2 weeks from now, you should be able to get them for around $20 is my bet.

• 3 weeks later...

Most are currently selling in the $20 - $25 range...

Pretty much what I expected to happen, and in the coming months, you should be able to pick these up for $15 is my guess...

Even the Marathon bobbles aren't bringing in the huge bucks like so many thought...

It's a simple fact, Brewers bobbles are just not holding much value these days. They give out too many per season, and they give out too many of each one at the games...

The days of having to attend each bobble game are long over. Smart move now is to pick them up on the secondary market a month or 2 after the give-away. That is when they go cheap.

But you can still get them from BB for an arm and a leg! What a joke...

I don't think he is selling them though. Just because you ask a ridiculous price doesn't mean anyone is paying it...

Myself, I wasn't going to go all in on the marathon bobble. It's the same freaking bobble as the regular SGA version except for the shirt... I hate the Hank bobbles to begin with, they look stupid in my collection, and the Hank hype grew annoying quickly.

The ONLY reason I have one is because I got mine for $40.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes madgrad, my price was a joke, but when it was supposedly to cost $115 to get one, was $179 out of line? Of course after the fact they ended up "selling" them for $40, but I was assured from the Brewers in an email from July, the only way to get a marathon one was to register for the race ($75) and donate or raise another $40, they wouldn't even guarantee I would get one in July.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived