Brewer Fanatic

2014-08-29 Brewers (Peralta) at Giants (Vogelsong), 9:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 13-2]

TooLiveBrew
3 runs might be doable. But as Peralta is well short of 100 pitches, he will be left in as the lead becomes insurmountable. Even though there was an off day yesterday and even though we can activate Garza and add Wooten, Figaro, Pena, Blazek, and Wang on Monday.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My worst nad reaming:

When I was in middle school, I had a core of about 4-5 real good friends. One of them had a cottage on Lake Michigan and once a summer for a few years, his family invited all the kids to go up for a sleep over during a weekend. We had lots of innocent kid fun - it was a good time to be had by one and all.

There was a swingset on the property. One day, for whatever reason, the guys decided to prank me. The prank? They each took one of my limbs, carried me to the swingset, and positioned my crotch against a pole. Then they pulled. And pulled some more. Then they dropped me and left me for dead.

Yes, they were my friends. And yes, despite the pain, it was funny and we still had a good time.

My worst nad reaming:

When I was in middle school, I had a core of about 4-5 real good friends. One of them had a cottage on Lake Michigan and once a summer for a few years, his family invited all the kids to go up for a sleep over during a weekend. We had lots of innocent kid fun - it was a good time to be had by one and all.

There was a swingset on the property. One day, for whatever reason, the guys decided to prank me. The prank? They each took one of my limbs, carried me to the swingset, and positioned my crotch against a pole. Then they pulled. And pulled some more. Then they dropped me and left me for dead.

Yes, they were my friends. And yes, despite the pain, it was funny and we still had a good time.

In middle school it became "cool" for girls to randomly knee guys in the nuts. Yep. In front of teachers this happened, and no one ever got punished. Until one of my friends immediately hurled all over a girl who did this to him.... from the pain.

He got suspended for 2 days from school.

Lets just say his parents hired a lawyer the next day.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

3 runs might be doable. But as Peralta is well short of 100 pitches, he will be left in as the lead becomes insurmountable. Even though there was an off day yesterday and even though we can activate Garza and add Wooten, Figaro, Pena, Blazek, and Wang on Monday.

Just noticed Wang's start for Brevard County Wednesday wasn't half bad: 7.2 IP, 7 H, 0 BB, 2 ER, 8 K

And the first part stands - Peralta is lost tonight, roll the dice with Estrada and give the team some chance to win.

I know you want your starters going as long as possible but he needs to get Peralta out soon. He's awful right now and the game is still manageable. When you consider the off day yesterday and rosters expanding on Monday, there's no reason to try to get innings at the expense of throwing in the towel on this game.

My worst nad reaming:

In middle school it became "cool" for girls to randomly knee guys in the nuts. Yep. In front of teachers this happened, and no one ever got punished. Until one of my friends immediately hurled all over a girl who did this to him.... from the pain.

Pantsing was the big fad when I was in middle school.

My worst nad reaming:

Pantsing was the big fad when I was in middle school.

Thats "sexual assault" these days... sigh

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Why the hell after Peralta gave up 5 runs in the first two innings did RRR send him back out for a third? So we could lower the small chance that we could come back even more?

Peralta has had two terrible outings in a row. But just keep sending him out there, Ron.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Oh, and our offense has become completely useless.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived