Brewer Fanatic

2014-08-26 Brewers (Nelson) at Padres (Ross), 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 4-1]

TooLiveBrew
Come on, Jean. You have to be smart, and not pop up on ball 4. You should be mad at yourself. Use your head.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe 82brewcrew11 and I are just lucky. I reset the Roku, so we'll see how that works. If they could just fix their issues with the intermittent drops like that, I'd be the happiest guy on Earth. I love being able to watch every Brewer game.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

The MLB At-Bat app is a piece of crap. It crashes frequently when I cast it to my TV with Chromecast. And for whatever reason, the Brewers stream seems to be the worst. In the middle of a game, I'll often get the "your game will begin shortly" message, so I have to switch to the other team's broadcast.

The MLB At-Bat app is a piece of crap. It crashes frequently when I cast it to my TV with Chromecast. And for whatever reason, the Brewers stream seems to be the worst. In the middle of a game, I'll often get the "your game will begin shortly" message, so I have to switch to the other team's broadcast.

This. This. This. This.

Jimmy's not quite there yet. I like some of the things he's doing, but it hasn't quite clicked for him yet. He's close, and I think he's making strides.

I know there's a lot of baseball to be played yet, but looking forward, I'm really getting excited about our rotation going forward. Mike Fiers won't be this lights out all the time, obviously, but I think that again he's showing he can be a really nice piece in the rotation. Wily Peralta, of course, has the stuff to be an ace. It's a tribute to his possible upside that we can say he will still get better in a season where he will approach 20 wins. Jimmy is going to be a hoss, an innings eater, and I don't know, but I think his ceiling is a 2/3.

If we keep complimenting those three with a veteran starter, we're looking at one of the better rotations in the NL.

The wheels are coming off a little. Jimmy's not locating his fastball very well. And you certainly can't let a pitcher lead off an inning, and get a hit.

I can't comment on the MLB At-Bat app as I've never used it, but yeah our stream does seem to be the worst. I watch a lot of other games, and the other feeds just seem to be cleaner. And they also seem to drop out less often, though I think that's more due to when I watch, later at night when far fewer people are requesting bandwidth from MLB's servers.

Boy, if Jean is going to keep having these defensive lapses, he has to go down. His hitting has been deplorable, but he's been able to stay in the lineup because of his defense. But he's just not doing anything well right now. He's pressing, and he needs to get his head right.

Losing your starting shortstop in the last fifth of the season during a playoff run could be really bad.

Jimmy's not quite there yet. I like some of the things he's doing, but it hasn't quite clicked for him yet. He's close, and I think he's making strides.

A non-Brewers TV analyst said in a game recently that Nelson has been "ok." Thought that was an accurate analysis.

I will say this: we could have a really nice bullpen if we make the playoffs.

Double + an error. Gotta be.

Let's remember, the Padres are bad.

Boy, if Jean is going to keep having these defensive lapses, he has to go down. His hitting has been deplorable, but he's been able to stay in the lineup because of his defense. But he's just not doing anything well right now. He's pressing, and he needs to get his head right.

This! Right now, Segura is not a MLB caliber player. Melvin has 5 days to find a SS. I know there won't be much out there, but at this point, anything is better.

#18 would be nice.

This! Right now, Segura is not a MLB caliber player. Melvin has 5 days to find a SS. I know there won't be much out there, but at this point, anything is better.

Herrera has been a lot better tbh.

They definitely need to throw Herrera in there. He's been solid enough after the first time he was called up. He's not a long-term option, but right now he's a better option than Segura.

I know this is their best pitcher, but the abysmal plate discipline that we show at times makes me nuts. Popping up for an out on what would be ball 4. Striking out on a ball at the shoe strings by Braun when he only saw two pitches. Now Ramirez.

Jimmy Nelson, are you watching?

Scooter NEEDS to come through. We cannot strand Lucroy.

Archived