Brewer Fanatic

2014-08-22 Pirates (Locke) at Brewers (Gallardo), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-3]

TooLiveBrew
Could somebody please explain to me why the hell Gallardo is still in there after giving up 5 runs in the first four innings?
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

LOL, when I saw Gallardo was due up, I thought for sure we'd see a pinch hitter. Nope.

I seriously don't understand what he's doing. We can score 3 runs, Ron, in five innings. Now we have to score 4 in 4 just to tie.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Question for some of the stat people.

That ball that Marte hit was smoked. Yet, it goes (rightfully) as an error. Which means it lowers the BABIP against Kintzler.

Why don't people use OBP on balls in play? Aren't there some ways in which that stat might more accurately reflect a pitcher's performance over time? Assuming that harder hit balls are more likely to result in errors? It could be that I'm just overthinking it or missing something very basic, but it seems weird that errors are factored in to BABIP.

Of course, it could also be that this game is so bad I need something else to think about.

2 clunkers in a row at home........need to get this turned around starting tomorrow.....

This might have been the worst game of the year...certainly in the top 2 or 3

Bad defense, bad pitching and little offense other then the Braun homer.

Archived