Brewer Fanatic

Dayn Perry: The Brewers aren't going away

Dead Simmons

"...Surely, the Redbirds, 2013 pennant snapping in the breeze, were poised to assert their authority over the division..."

I like this imagery.

Definitely preferable to the "slap it on the outfield wall decal" vibe we've got going on.

The thread title is misleading. The article headline states that the Brewers aren't going away, which is different than not going anywhere IMO.
You're right. I fixed it. This beat down of the mighty Dodgers put an exclamation point on Perry's article.

I see that the Pirates are on the verge of dropping 5 in a row. Gives the Reds a little hope. They have a 1 run lead over the hapless Rockies as I type and a 2nd game later tonight.

My favorite part of that article is when it states "The 2014 Brewers have a winning record at home and on the road; against winning and .500 teams and against losing teams; against right-handed starters and left-handed starters." It is far too often that I hear they can't beat winning teams or struggle against the poor teams, etc. so it is nice to see that they actual win against every type of team. Sure, they are going to lose on occasion but more often than not whatever team is thrown at them they will win.

It has been great that we have been able to beat so many good pitchers in the last 3 or 4 weeks; but I would rather our luck even out a bit and get to face some junk too.

The Brewers are not going to be the flashy team in the playoff hunt this year; they just do everything pretty darn well. If Braun can get a little healthier and put up an MVP like couple of months like I think he can; the Crew could be the team to beat in the NL.

My favorite part of that article is when it states "The 2014 Brewers have a winning record at home and on the road; against winning and .500 teams and against losing teams; against right-handed starters and left-handed starters."
That means there is little for the opposition to exploit in the post season. The Brewers have proved to be the best team in the toughest division in the game for the entire year. There's no reason to think that will change any time soon.

I hope your GM is scouting the hell out of KC, Baltimore and LA and RR has a game plan for the playoffs. I would suggest that he start by giving Peralta and Lohse as much rest as possible in the coming month. ;)

I'm still scared what the Cardinals could do if they make the playoffs, especially after the 2011 NLCS. I hope that whatever team faces St. Louis will knock them out.
If they DO make it, they won't go far with just Waino and Lynn the only plus .500 starters. Wacha will be the wild Card if he returns effective. He's had a couple of 45 pitch sessions, throwing at about 75% effort, according to him. Latest MRI was a thumbs up and he will either pitch a simulated game tomorrow or a real one for a minor league affiliate. He figures to replace Masterson/Miller in the rotation in about 10 days if all goes well. If not, there's always next year. :ohwell

I love how Dead Simmons keeps underselling the Cards. WE KNOW THE GAME YOU'RE PLAYING, BUB.
I didn't join Brewerfan.net to blow any Cardinal trumpets. Just swapping baseball talk and offering an opinion like everyone else. You seem to regard the Cards as some kind of baseball monolith. That's your opinion. I just don't happen to share it. OK?

I love how Dead Simmons keeps underselling the Cards. WE KNOW THE GAME YOU'RE PLAYING, BUB.
I didn't join Brewerfan.net to blow any Cardinal trumpets. Just swapping baseball talk and offering an opinion like everyone else. You seem to regard the Cards as some kind of baseball monolith. That's your opinion. I just don't happen to share it. OK?

As far as I can tell you are a good luck charm for the Brewers, so keep posting in the forums all you would like. ;)

As far as I can tell you are a good luck charm for the Brewers, so keep posting in the forums all you would like. ;)

LOL...I know you don't really believe that. (unless you are a voodoo practitioner)

Dead Simmons, don't worry about the few that cannot see past who you are a fan of. Your insight and knowledge, especially of the Cardinals is a welcome thought around here as it helps bring another perspective to our forum.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I'm pretty sure dlk9s was just making a joke

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I would have thought it was a joke too if it had been ended with a smiley of some sort....instead of the word "Bub". Nobody uses that term in a friendly way.

Baseball monolith, no. But after ruining the best two season the Brewers ever had, they are the red and white boogiemen until proven otherwise.

I would have thought it was a joke too if it had been ended with a smiley of some sort....instead of the word "Bub". Nobody uses that term in a friendly way.

I'm still like 99.9999999% sure he was joking/just giving you a hard time

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I'm still like 99.9999999% sure he was joking/just giving you a hard time

"So what you're saying is that there's still a chance?"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSN3n4R-X1O3Crpwc2RQIA1PPhZhkcM3L0oISjJUIzDX725zgN

That's not true...

http://cdn.smosh.com/sites/default/files/ftpuploads/bloguploads/cartoon-datingadvice-wolverine.jpg

I watch Baseball Tonight about twice a year. But a bit over a week ago they really put the love on the Crew and simply said 'they are the team to beat as they are solid across the board'

So, I tuned in a couple days later to here Sutcliffe (I think) say the exact same thing, then follow it up with, 'and the Pirates are the favourites to come through and wind it if McCutchen comes back on fire'. Since then, then Pirates have lost seven on the trot.

So I hope the Crew gets love each night, then they say 'but the Pirates are the team' or 'the Cards will win it'. We are the best for the entire season, but we will not win the division. Hmmmmm.

I watch Baseball Tonight about twice a year. But a bit over a week ago they really put the love on the Crew and simply said 'they are the team to beat as they are solid across the board'

So, I tuned in a couple days later to here Sutcliffe (I think) say the exact same thing, then follow it up with, 'and the Pirates are the favourites to come through and wind it if McCutchen comes back on fire'. Since then, then Pirates have lost seven on the trot.

So I hope the Crew gets love each night, then they say 'but the Pirates are the team' or 'the Cards will win it'. We are the best for the entire season, but we will not win the division. Hmmmmm.

As Mc Cutchen has returned less than good ESPN and MLB have officially jumped off the Pirates bandwagon and pronounced the Central a 2 team race. Of course, a Pirates series win over the Brewers this weekend and the Cards next week could change all that.

But the Reds look like the walking dead right now. The Atlanta game last night was hard to watch.

Archived