Brewer Fanatic

Postseason tickets 2014

hawing
I'm a 20 game holder for 4 years now and I was given obstructed view tickets so I emailed my rep and she said that wasn't supposed to happen and she would talk to her boss about finding me a new location. Sort of bummed me out because that meant that I was now behind all the ticketholders who joined in the last 3 years. But it's now been two days and I haven't heard anything. I sent an email yesterday and another just now but I'm getting anxious.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm a 20 game holder for 4 years now and I was given obstructed view tickets so I emailed my rep and she said that wasn't supposed to happen and she would talk to her boss about finding me a new location. Sort of bummed me out because that meant that I was now behind all the ticketholders who joined in the last 3 years. But it's now been two days and I haven't heard anything. I sent an email yesterday and another just now but I'm getting anxious.

Where are your seats?

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Jim, I'll concur with some of the other posters here. We are in the same section as you are (217) have been partial season ticket holders since the early 90's (91 or 92?). In 2008 after almost 20 years of being a season ticket holder we still did not get tickets in the same section. They were 4 sections to the right of our section (down the first base line). Then in 2011 we were in 2 sections away. The last time they sold post season tix but didn't make the playoffs (2012), we were in our same section and row. This time we are in the same section and 4 rows closer. It's almost as if they are upgrading us. However, if that's the case, I wish they didn't. I prefer to sit in our normal seats in row 10 (last row of 217), but I'm not going to complain..still very happy with our location.

Well, it's good to know that they take care of their most loyal customers. I mailed in my CC info yesterday to take the seats they offered to me down in section 130. I've been a fan since Tommy Harper and Marty Pattin and have never been to a postseason game, so I'll take what I can get.

I'm going on Sunday and hope to get down to see my postseason seats. I don't think they're that bad since there's such little foul ground in that corner. Khris Davis will have to be my new favorite Brewer for awhile.

If you're going to mess up anyone's franchise as the Bartman reborn, could you make it the other team instead of the Brewers? ;)

At Sunday's game, the fans behind us were talking unhappily about their postseason location. One of them said (gesturing at our section), "Sections like these are reserved for the VIPs." At that point we (SO and I) pretty much both thought, please don't ask us where our seats are, PLEASE DON'T ASK.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

If you're going to mess up anyone's franchise as the Bartman reborn, could you make it the other team instead of the Brewers? ;)

At Sunday's game, the fans behind us were talking unhappily about their postseason location. One of them said (gesturing at our section), "Sections like these are reserved for the VIPs." At that point we (SO and I) pretty much both thought, please don't ask us where our seats are, PLEASE DON'T ASK.

C'mon Hawing...don't be ashamed of your VIPism. Let it shine!

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

:) If they ask me, I'll tell them. Honestly, the gentleman in the couple seems to need to remark on every change to the out of town scoreboard, and I tire of listening to him state the obvious for 3-4 hours at a time. So I won't feel 100% bad if they ask and I truthfully reply.

It's also probably good that the guys in front of us (a father-son pair) didn't ask, because we'd have to tell them that we were assigned their seats. They don't talk much at any games, though, which is why I'll miss them in the postseason.

I promise to keep my hands to myself. But I've got a little over a month to see if I can figure out a way to bite into a Polish sausage just at the right moment to squirt a little grease into Matt Holliday's eye.

Then when he goes all Moises Alou on me, he'll still have blurred vision, so I can blame the guy behind me.

Evil plan is coming together. . .

The last time they sold post season tix but didn't make the playoffs (2012), we were in our same section and row.

I'd forgotten that they were close enough in 2012 for postseason invoices to be a thing. I found our invoice from that season and we would have sat in 214, row 12. So I guess that was slightly closer (to our 217 regular seats) than our 2011 location in 222.

Weird that I never even took notice of the seat location in 2012. Indeed, even last night I had to give the form a double take before I noticed the location.

Sorry, carry on.

So, I'll admit, I'm a little irked by the way this is handled.

I am fronting 1/3 of my total cost to guarantee my seat. Okay, fine.

Once they clinch a playoff birth (ie: Wildcard, ONE GAME, MAYBE NOT EVEN AT HOME) I have to pay ANOTHER 1/3 of the cost. This part really bothers me.

I didn't even look when the last 1/3 is due.

Fronting $500 per seat (bleachers!) to perhaps watch them lose a road wild card game? ugh.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

It's a lot of money, but they obviously hold all the cards. Option 1 is you pay for your tickets on their terms (ahead of time when they get to hold all of it, earn interest, probably talk you into using it to pay for next year's season tickets, etc). Option 2 is you don't and buy single game tickets through them (which I think cost more on a single game basis especially after adding all the fees) or through the secondary market. Option 3 is you don't buy tickets at all and they still sell out to other people.

They can't sell tickets to the public until they know how many are sold to SSH. They don't know how many are sold until the SSH puts up money. They need to know ASAP when someone won't/can't pay for the tickets.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

They can't sell tickets to the public until they know how many are sold to SSH. They don't know how many are sold until the SSH puts up money. They need to know ASAP when someone won't/can't pay for the tickets.

Clearly true, but there is no reason to charge me the second third of the money until the end of the season. Theoretically, it might not be known if they make the playoffs until Sept 28th anyway.

I'll just buy my WS tickets on stubhub. Not that difficult.

Not that cheap either. WS tix will probably go for 2 or 3 times face value on stub hub.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I'll just buy my WS tickets on stubhub. Not that difficult.

Not that cheap either. WS tix will probably go for 2 or 3 times face value on stub hub.

Well worth the cost.

Robin Yount - “But what I'd really like to tell you is I never dreamed of being in the Hall of Fame. Standing here with all these great players was beyond any of my dreams.”

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Some fans have reported receiving their postseason tickets, or emails indicating that their postseason tickets have been mailed. What an awkward position for the ticket reps. MLB's timetable most likely said that teams not eliminated by date X had to mail out their tickets on date Y, regardless of how imminent the elimination might be.

Reason no. 7936 why I am not cut out for sales. I would not care to field the season ticket holders' questions for the time being. :(

Archived