Brewer Fanatic

2014-08-15 Brewers (Nelson) at Dodgers (Greinke), 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-3; Nelson strong, OOOverbay clutch (3-RBI PH 2B)]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't there a game with the Pirates and Diamondbacks with this same situation? The Pirates lost because the ump said the Diamondback's player was doing a natural slide (even though he had two arms up.) The D-backs walked off because of that call.

The only difference I see here is Jean may not have been able to touch 2nd. I thought he was way off the base at first glance, but I think he could have possibly reached it with his left hand - tough to say though. Anyway, I'm just confused why the above play in the Pirates game is called one way, and in this game called another.

Wasn't there a game with the Pirates and Diamondbacks with this same situation? The Pirates lost because the ump said the Diamondback's player was doing a natural slide (even though he had two arms up.) The D-backs walked off because of that call.

The only difference I see here is Jean may not have been able to touch 2nd. I thought he was way off the base at first glance, but I think he could have possibly reached it with his left hand - tough to say though. Anyway, I'm just confused why the above play in the Pirates game is called one way, and in this game called another.

Sure was. http://mweb.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-baseball/24647717/diamondbacks-beat-pirates-on-controversial-walk-off-fielders-choice?v=1&vc=3

Formerly AirShuttle6104

I don't normally get all that upset with Gomez's plate discipline, but man, he swung at an obvious ball four there.

The sad thing is, there was no doubt in my mind he was swinging. I was saying in my head, "Don't swing, don't swing, don't swing," over and over again, but I knew he was going for the tie. Just frustrating. Frustrating and predictable.

The Pirates game looked a lot more natural vs Segura who obviously threw his hand up.

Jiminy Christmas, Dee Gordon! Why are you always on base?!

Thanks, Luc!

Gotta give Gordon credit, when he gets caught he pops up and jogs in. Think last series he even waived not to challenge. Rare in an age when most never would admit they were out, and protest everything close.

Jiminy Christmas, Dee Gordon! Why are you always on base?!

Thanks, Luc!

Gotta give Gordon credit, when he gets caught he pops up and jogs in. Think last series he even waived not to challenge. Rare in an age when most never would admit they were out, and protest everything close.

Absolutely. Love a guy who plays like that.

Archived