Brewer Fanatic

2014-08-12 Brewers (Peralta) at Cubs (Hendricks), 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 3-0]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it just me, or does Gomez seem a step slower this year?

Not just the SB attempt there, but plenty of slow grounders that I see guys like Dee Gordon beating out and Gomez just doesn't seem to have the box to 1st speed that we saw in the past.

Maybe it's just me. I think it's just I have always known him as one of the fastest in the game and he just seems merely "fast" this year, not one of the fastest.

Is it just me, or does Gomez seem a step slower this year?

Not just the SB attempt there, but plenty of slow grounders that I see guys like Dee Gordon beating out and Gomez just doesn't seem to have the box to 1st speed that we saw in the past.

Maybe it's just me. I think it's just I have always known him as one of the fastest in the game and he just seems merely "fast" this year, not one of the fastest.

I've thought so as well. He looks as fast as ever in the outfield, but slower on the basepaths for some reason.

Well, looks like the Brewers are gonna have trouble scoring runs again today. I thought Arrieta at least looked a bit hittable yesterday. Hendricks is just mowing the Brewers down with ease so far. The Crew are helping by swinging at some bad pitches, but Hendricks looks on his game.

Edit: And he's only at 45 pitches. Could easily throw a CG at this pace. Need to work some counts.

It's really quite amazing we have still been winning games with how pathetic the offense has been. It looks like we exchanged lineups with the padres
"Did I ever tell you how I became a Postman Abby? I don't know if you'd laugh or cry"-The Postman

Perhaps Segura should try something different

Ya. Like go to Nashville. I know that's harsh. His D is good. But he is just atrocious at the plate

It's not that harsh. The Brewers sent down Hardy when he was hitting a similar average but at least with some power. And that wasn't during a pennant race. He's lucky we don't have a replacement better than Herrera.

Ya. Like go to Nashville. I know that's harsh. His D is good. But he is just atrocious at the plate

It's not that harsh. The Brewers sent down Hardy when he was hitting a similar average but at least with some power. And that wasn't during a pennant race. He's lucky we don't have a replacement better than Herrera.

Can we send him to the Arizona Fall League like we did with Hardy? I suppose the Dominican fall/winter league may be an option.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I know this sounds bad, but I'd rather see Herrera up there getting some PA's right now.

Archived