Brewer Fanatic

2014-08-11 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cubs (Arrieta), 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-1]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One down, division lead extended by a half game with Cards loss/Pirates win. Keep 'em coming...Dodgers started their new toy Correia tonight, pushing back the rest of the rotation so we'll face Greinke Friday and Kershaw Saturday. Will still be pleased with a 4-3 trip.

I don't get it. The last home run that Braun hit was an absolute bomb to left field. It was like 450 feet. He looked like the Braun of old. I guess the thumb is still an issue. Damn.

To his credit, while we're still discussing his OPS vs the very best of Kevin Mench, Braun, even with 23 missed games, is 6th in the league with 67 RBIs. He's still a productive hitter.

You've got to think he'll break out of this soon.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Javy Baez K:BB ratio...infinity

kid couldn't draw an intentional walk right now with his approach - I think you need to see if he can actually not swing at 4 straight pitches before even giving him a hittable strike.

Yeah, he really does swing at just about everything. He's exciting, but if he doesn't stop swinging at everything, he's going to get figured out quick.

That may be Frankie's prettiest save of the year. Fifteen-pitch strikeout, two weak grounders, and then another K, all against the heart of the order. He looked in complete command.

I had never heard Davy Nelson do play-by-play before. It's like staring into the existential void. "With all those strikeouts they aren't making much contact, and they aren't drawing walks, so they aren't getting on base." There is no God.

(I'm just kidding. This is an in-game thread. Accordingly, and consistent with forum rules, I express no opinion about whether or not God exists. But if God does exist, then He has clearly sent Davey Nelson to destroy us.)

Can you imagine a broadcast of Davey Nelson and Jerry Augustine?

The extremely baffling aspect is who does the hiring and firing at FSN?

To not only hire Davey, but to then listen to him years later still struggling badly to formulate full sentences without stuttering and stammering in an occupation where speaking is his main job. Seriously, how does that happen?

Then to add Augustine to the mix. A guy who says nothing except the clearly obvious or cliches he finds fitting, in an accent which is straight Cudahy dive bar/Fargo sounding.

Archived