Brewer Fanatic

2014-08-11 Brewers (Gallardo) at Cubs (Arrieta), 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-1]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, what redeeming value does Ed Sedar provide to this team on a year-to-year basis? Most of us are perfectly capable of rotating our arms in a circular motion.

Also Braun, that's terrible either way. To get thrown out on THAT. You need to be at least halfway to 3rd on that.

What incredibly bad base running

3rd base coach sent Braun

regardless...there is no reason to be tagging up on that ball

and yes...that's terrible by the 3rd base ump

Come on Braun has no way of knowing if the ball will be caught or not

I agree that Braun needed to not be straight-up tagging on that ball, but the one thing I'm wondering is if he wanted to be sure that he could at least tag-up to 3rd if it was caught. If he went half-way, he wouldn't have been able to tag-up and make it to third, plus it did look like it was going to be caught.

Oh, well.

Braun was about three paces around third when the relay came. Send 'em home, Eddy!

Castro even double pumped and Braun was still out by a mile!

We could make one heck of a blooper reel with our season long base running gaffes

Braun was about three paces around third when the relay came. Send 'em home, Eddy!

Castro even double pumped and Braun was still out by a mile!

We could make one heck of a blooper reel with our season long base running gaffes

But we are like the 2nd best base running team in MLB according to some very meaningful, very accurate, scientific stat...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Sedar does whst RR wants him to do- be a human windmill. Not his fault.

There needs to be some semblance of reason. When the SS has the ball and the runner is just getting around 3B, a reasonable coach would say "hey, we only have one out, I'm going to hold up here"

We're just running wily-nily lately with no regard to situation.

Archived