Brewer Fanatic

September 2014 call-ups (Nelson, Schafer, Pagnozzi, Rogers, Clark, Gómez called up; Garza, Wang activated)

docduany
  • Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On a side note, Logan Schafer has a .815 OPS and .370 OBP since being sent down. Irregular playing time, along with being asked to bunt frequently, made his stats make him appear worse than he really is.

No, what that says is that you should heavily discount guys in their late 20s putting up good numbers in the PCL, i.e. Rogers and Clark. Schafer was terrible last year and was terrible this year.

No? So it's a definitive no? It IS kinda an opinion. Like Estrada projecting better than Nelson or Zarraga projecting to one of the 10 most valuable minor league prospects and our best trading chip.

Sometimes guys simply develop later. Every team has guys who fit that bill.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

logan schafer and jimmy nelson recalled.

matt garza and wei-chung wang activated from the disabled list.

matt pagnozzi had his contract purchased. to make room for him, jeff bianchi was transferred to the 60-day disabled list.

the active roster is at 31.

matt clark and jason rogers not in AAA lineup today, could be up in chicago tomorrow with brewers

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

as many expected, the contracts of matt clark and hector gomez have been purchased. jason rogers recalled. the active roster is at 34.

odd that rob wooten hasn't been recalled, as he was the go-to-guy when shuttling a pitcher back and forth. i know he wasn't great in 2014 at either level, so maybe that's why. of course, the brewers could still recall him.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Tom ‏@Haudricourt 5m

To make room on 40-man roster for Gomez and Clark, the Brewers designated OF Caleb Gindl for assignment and released RHP Hiram Burgos.

How quickly things change with guys like Gindl and Burgos

I was never sold on Burgos, but I liked Gindl. I can't believe how badly he played this year. I thought he could be a solid 4th OF type - play the corners (even CF in a crisis), pinch hit, etc.

Hopefully for both guys a change of scenery can help them out.

I, for one, am very excited to see what Clark can do for us!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

digging further into the transaction history of hector gomez, he was optioned by the colorado rockies in spring training of 2009, 2010 and 2011. made his big league debut in 2011, and collected two hits in six at-bats. he began the 2012 season on the major league disabled list, and the brewers claimed him in june 2012.

of special interest: to make room for hector gomez in 2012, the brewers designated brandon kintzler for assignment. he went unclaimed, and was outrighted. as we all know, kintzler remains in the organization on the major league roster.

thus, gomez may have cost the brewers hiram burgos (or caleb gindl, if he is claimed by another team or declares minor league free agency) . . . but the brewers did not lose kintzler for gomez.

Welcome additions, all three. Now let's see them put to use.

If by "put to use" you mean a couple PH opportunies a week, you'll be happy. If you expect much more that that, you need to read RR's management handbook. It clearly states, stay the course. And you absolutely never replace gritty veterans with guys just called up from AAA. I think RR's head would explode at the mere suggestion.

Clark is a journeyman without 1 major league at bat. Exciting news for him I'm sure, especially since he might actually get the chance to contribute.

Considering how awful our 1B options are, I wish he would get a chance to get some starts at 1st, but I'm betting that Roenicke wouldn't dare.

Archived