Brewer Fanatic

2014-08-10 Dodgers (Kershaw) at Brewers (Nelson), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-1]

1992casey
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Try one, fine. But a second attempt? Stupid.

I don't have a problem with the call, just terrible bunting by Segura. The only way you stop it is by a pitch out, which they didn't do. If he gets the bunt down the run scores.

Try one, fine. But a second attempt? Stupid.

I don't have a problem with the call, just terrible bunting by Segura. The only way you stop it is by a pitch out, which they didn't do. If he gets the bunt down the run scores.

If, ifs and buts were candy and nuts...we'd all have a party.

It surely isn't as easy as simply saying it.

The first two outs on the bases were awful. I'm not ready to make that same distinction about Braun. He saw a pitch in the dirt and tried to exploit it. It took a perfect throw and tag to get him by a centimeter.

I'll accept this. This is why I think there needs to be a distinction made between "dumb" outs on base, and "aggressive" outs on base. Braun was being aggressive and just barely got nailed. It's still frustrating, obviously, against a guy like Kershaw when you're letting him off the hook, but I do agree that there is a difference between aggressive baserunning and just plain stupid baserunning.

(ex. : Gomez getting thrown out trying to steal 3rd with 2 outs and Lucroy up)

Well I think this one is what it is. Taking 2 of 3 is nice. With the Pirates about to lose, it'd sure be nice if the Orioles had a comeback win today. Gotta win 3 of 4 in Chicago.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived