Brewer Fanatic

2014-08-10 Dodgers (Kershaw) at Brewers (Nelson), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-1]

1992casey
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I'm willing to give Jimmie the pass on the baserunning gaff, as he's not on base all that much, but ugh...

Man on 2nd with nobody out and the top of the order coming up, and we run right out of the inning. THat's really frustrating against a guy like Kershaw.

Hanley Ramirez to the DL, Darwin Barney coming up. Barney (0-2) the only Dodger to have faced Nelson.

Most success against Kershaw: Gomez (4-10, one double), Weeks (4-11, three doubles, three walks)

Least success against Kershaw: Lucroy (0-10, one strikeout)

I read yesterday that Parra has hit over .400 off Kershaw in like 22 at bats. Thought that was very odd coming from a lefty.

The first two outs on the bases were awful. I'm not ready to make that same distinction about Braun. He saw a pitch in the dirt and tried to exploit it. It took a perfect throw and tag to get him by a centimeter.

Did Lepay say that AJ Ellis lives just outside of Milwaukee? Anyone know anything about this? I don't think he's from Wisconsin.

His wife had their third kid on I-43.

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/13531/a-j-ellis

I believe that I've read in the past that he lives in Oak Creek in the off-season he trains at Hitters Baseball Academy here in Racine.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The first two outs on the bases were awful. I'm not ready to make that same distinction about Braun. He saw a pitch in the dirt and tried to exploit it. It took a perfect throw and tag to get him by a centimeter.

I'll accept this. This is why I think there needs to be a distinction made between "dumb" outs on base, and "aggressive" outs on base. Braun was being aggressive and just barely got nailed. It's still frustrating, obviously, against a guy like Kershaw when you're letting him off the hook, but I do agree that there is a difference between aggressive baserunning and just plain stupid baserunning.

They're starting to get to Jimmy. Hopefully RR has someone getting loose.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Archived