Brewer Fanatic

2014-08-09 Dodgers (Greinke) at Brewers (Fiers), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-1; Fiers 8.0 IP, 3 hits]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, and the Padres are beating the Pirates 2-1 headed to the ninth. St. Louis got spanked by the Orioles again. JJ Hardy hit two home runs for my fantasy team last night. He was 2-4 tonight.

I love it! Drinks for everybody. First round's on me. :)

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Great outing by Fiers; could not be happier for the guy than to see him come back and out-pitch one of the best in the NL.

(Makes me feel that much better about DVR-ing the Packers game.)

I can only watch after the game. I'm too afraid we'll get another player hurt in preseason. We lost Bryan Bulaga at Family Night last year, I'm hoping we make it to the first game against the Seahawks having only lost Abbrederis.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Really, K Rod? Walk the leadoff hitter? Come on.

Fiers over 100, it's not a bad decision.

Totally agree, let him go into his next start confident. Send him out tired for the 4th time through the order, he gives up a couple, totally kill the mojo of his outing.

It doesn't have to be like that. You could send him out for the 9th and pull him if a single baserunner is allowed before two outs are recorded. That's how I'd do it rather than living and dying by #100 pitches.

Segura bobble was the difference there.

Totally agree, let him go into his next start confident. Send him out tired for the 4th time through the order, he gives up a couple, totally kill the mojo of his outing.

It doesn't have to be like that. You could send him out for the 9th and pull him if a single baserunner is allowed before two outs are recorded. That's how I'd do it rather than living and dying by #100 pitches.

Many pitchers don't like entering with runners on.

Fiers hadn't gone 8 all season at AAA. I think pulling him after 8 is the right move.

I don't know enough about Fiers pitch count lately and if he has been stretched out out as of late to decide if 120ish pitches (which is what he would end up at in a best case scenario) would be worth the small chance of blowing a three run lead.

As I say that Kemp is up.

Oh no, two on for Kemp? Not good.

Fiers hadn't gone 8 all season at AAA. I think pulling him after 8 is the right move.

yup, I completely agree. It had to be done in this case.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Archived