Brewer Fanatic

2014-08-09 Dodgers (Greinke) at Brewers (Fiers), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-1; Fiers 8.0 IP, 3 hits]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Something that really makes me mad is when guys look back at the ball on a steal or a ground ball. If Gomez doesn't look back he makes it easily.

This is taught at the high school level so that you know where the ball will be. This helps you if there is a fly ball, passed ball, etc... It really doesn't slow you down and can really help you.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Id like to see the TV broadcasts start doing challenge timers so we know how long its taking. Put a timer on the scoreboard too. Perhaps that will speed of up a bit if they are made aware of how long its taking
Formerly AirShuttle6104

If someone went back through all the game threads this season, I wonder how many times Gomez would be named in a stupid base running mistake?
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Replay is never as good or as fast as advertised. Stuck with it now forever, and I hate it. No more enjoyment of a great play because immediate reaction is...it will be reviewed.

It's not perfect, but the alternate is the very real possibility that a crucial call will be blown in a playoff/World Series game that affects the outcome and it can't be changed because the available technology isn't used. I'd rather prevent that travesty and take the bad with the good.

Assuming Ellis will be Fiers last batter? Hes at 96 pitches

Have a game, Mike Fiers!!!

I'd feel really good getting one more insurance run here. But what an absolute gem of a game from Mike Fiers! Welcome back!!!!!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Boy, if we get a clean 1-2-3 in the ninth to win it, what an absolutely huge game by Mike Fiers. The forum is absolutely hopping when something is going wrong...well, it should be absolutely hopping right now, too. This is huge, as it gives our bullpen a much needed rest.

To come up from AAA, and face one of the NL's best teams, and best pitchers in Greinke, and to do that....what an incredible boost this will be to our team. I couldn't possibly overstate how thrilled I am with the game he just had. Wow! That just made my night.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Replay is never as good or as fast as advertised. Stuck with it now forever, and I hate it. No more enjoyment of a great play because immediate reaction is...it will be reviewed.

It's not perfect, but the alternate is the very real possibility that a crucial call will be blown in a playoff/World Series game that affects the outcome and it can't be changed because the available technology isn't used. I'd rather prevent that travesty and take the bad with the good.

Which is why it should be limited to playoffs. If a guy is safe/out at 1b during 162 game season, who cares? All it does is slow down the game, and they still get it wrong too often anyhow.

That has to be in the running for the best start of the season. Fill in starter against the best team in the league and against an ace. Well done Mr. Fiers!

I agree. When all things are considered, this is definitely in the running, and may be leading the pack.

Boy, if we get a clean 1-2-3 in the ninth to win it, what an absolutely huge game by Mike Fiers. The forum is absolutely hopping when something is going wrong...well, it should be absolutely hopping right now, too. This is huge, as it gives our bullpen a much needed rest.

To come up from AAA, and face one of the NL's best teams, and best pitchers in Greinke, and to do that....what an incredible boost this will be to our team. I couldn't possibly overstate how thrilled I am with the game he just had. Wow! That just made my night.

Great outing by Fiers; could not be happier for the guy than to see him come back and out-pitch one of the best in the NL.

(Makes me feel that much better about DVR-ing the Packers game.)

Archived