Brewer Fanatic

Crawford All-Star HR off Coco: Fan Interference?

The announcers didn't notice, I didn't notice, no one I talked to the next day noticed and I'm guessing the umps didn't notice, otherwise they would have not allowed it.

I think the reason no one noticed is because the fan that caught it gave no immediate reaction. He didn't raise his glove up or get excited. In fact it almost looks like he slapped his glove down in disgust afterwards as if he missed it.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

The fan apparently wasn't aware that "this time, it counts."

I was surprised that they not only didn't mention it, but didn't even show a replay of it. I was miffed about it at the time, but figured he might as well get them out of his system before the second half..

Buck didn't want to interrupt his speech on how baseball fans should feel about any player from the steroid era. He won't let the actions in a mere sporting event prevent him from telling us how we should feel.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Right when it happened I thought it was the wrong call. I was watching the game with my brother, I turned to him and mentioned it to him. He didn't notice the interference either, but after he saw the replay, he agreed.

Actually, when Bonds hit #71 at home, I thought that was fan interference too.

I'm late on this but it's pretty blatant. Granted, it was a scorcher off the wall but definately not a HR.

I HATE the "This one counts" junk. Something like this little play could become huge for a team later on and I hate to see home field advantage go to a team who doesn't have the best record. But I digress.

Archived