Brewer Fanatic

2014-08-08 Dodgers (Hernández) at Brewers (Lohse), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-3]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the real message will be in a couple minutes when we find out if he's the one getting the boot for Fiers

Probably should be, but I have a feeling it will be Wooten.

It is Wooten. It's already been announced.

We have three hits. We're not doing a lot offensively to help out pitchers, either. At least not thus far.

Positive thinking. The Brewer bats will wake up. And Brauny will be the hero tonight.

:)

It's too easy to nitpick. I do it, too, occasionally. But we are in first place, and have been. And we just picked up a game lead on the Cardinals. All things considered, tonight was a good night!

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

It doesn't matter what the offense does or doesn't do. We can't get to the 7th inning lately with a 1 or 2 run lead and assume that the game is in safe hands.

Yes, we have only 2 runs. However, it's not like it would be any different if we got to the 7th inning with a 4 - 3 lead, or a 5 - 4 lead. This bullpen can't go 3 innings and hold a lead. It can't. Trying to somehow slide the blame to the offense here is a huge fallacy.

Lol

It doesn't matter what the offense does or doesn't do. We can't get to the 7th inning lately with a 1 or 2 run lead and assume that the game is in safe hands.

Yes, we have only 2 runs. However, it's not like it would be any different if we got to the 7th inning with a 4 - 3 lead, or a 5 - 4 lead. This bullpen can't go 3 innings and hold a lead. It can't. Trying to somehow slide the blame to the offense here is a huge fallacy.

The bullpen can't hold a lead for three innings? Without consulting the game logs I'm sure they've done just that numerous times this year. Talk about a straw man.

What do you think the record is for teams that only score 2 runs in a game? I'd wager it is under .500. So blaming the offense had we lost 3-2 would hardly have been a huge fallacy.

Luckily that didn't happen. We won the game handily. We are still alone in first place. Regardless of how the season ends this team has already exceeded any expectations I had four months ago and for that I am happy.

But it kind of feels like your negative posts about other's negative posts just leads to more negativity, and not the fun kind either...At least that is how it seems to me anyway.

;)

Here's the thing though, if I respond to a negative post with a contrasting point of view by the very nature of the words' definitions I am offering a positive point of view.

We score 4 runs in the bottom of the 7th to retake the lead and the majority of the posts still have a negative tone. Pure comedy.

I get it, Carlos Gomez has a less than ideal approach. He's one of the best players in the league with said approach. I'll live with it.

Nope, he is not. He is one of the best players in the league when he is driving the ball to center and right center and showing some patience like he did last year and the first few months of this year. He is currently swinging himself into the ground at everything and showing zero eye at the plate.

Since June 1st his OPS has fallen .116 and his slug has dropped from .572 to .492 during that time.

Not buying that. He was swinging himself out of his shoes every month of this season and last. He plays the game one way, looks like a world beater when it works and a fool when it doesn't, but you know day in and day out what his approach will be.

His BB% has gone from 6.7% in the first half to 3.8% in the second half (8.4% in April/May!!) His K% has jumped from 22.2 to 29.8%. His OBP has gone from .370 to .286. He's clearly changed his approach.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

It's really nice now to be able to pull one of Davis/Parra and one of Gennett/Weeks off the bench for PH duties late in games.

Really important that the Brewers were able to get that win last night; this keeps them 1.5 up on Pittsburgh and extends them to 2 up on St. Louis; if they can pull out one of the next two games this will have been a very good series.

You guys, I don't want to be a jinxer, but the general fan response during the 7th inning last night was as intense as I've experienced at Miller Park since October 2011. That inning was intense, but cool in the end. And I was ready to give the game MVP to Justin Turner as well.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived