Brewer Fanatic

2014-08-08 Dodgers (Hernández) at Brewers (Lohse), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 9-3]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why go to third Gomez..... Geez. Happy about the lead, but come on GoGo.

You make them cut and throw to 3rd to secure the run. Smart play, teach that to my high schoolers. Play would have been very close at home. Simple trading an out for a run.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Don't

make

the

last out

at

3rd

BASE

Oh my freaking........

Doesn't apply to the situation.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

We score 4 runs in the bottom of the 7th to retake the lead and the majority of the posts still have a negative tone. Pure comedy.

I get it, Carlos Gomez has a less than ideal approach. He's one of the best players in the league with said approach. I'll live with it.

I feel kind of bad for that SS.

I kind of did, but he's a good utility player that'll be around for a while, so I'm OK with him blowing one game. I just really wanted the Brewers to take this, by any means necessary. ANY. MEANS. NECESSARY. I'll take the errors. The first one was kind of a bad hop, but should have been a DP. Second one it looked like he overran a bit. Third he just rushed it. But I'll take it!

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
We score 4 runs in the bottom of the 7th to retake the lead and the majority of the posts still have a negative tone. Pure comedy.

I get it, Carlos Gomez has a less than ideal approach. He's one of the best players in the league with said approach. I'll live with it.

I love how you're only here to criticize other people's posts. That's awesome.

Why go to third Gomez..... Geez. Happy about the lead, but come on GoGo.

You make them cut and throw to 3rd to secure the run. Smart play, teach that to my high schoolers. Play would have been very close at home. Simple trading an out for a run.

He was right going to 3rd, but the mistake was the long freeze just past 2nd base. Rewind if you have DVR, he stopped to see the throw. If he just keeps running he's safe.

I can't believe their catcher didn't try tagging our guy. Looked like at least a 50/50 chance.

This. This is the reason Gomez goes to third. Makes the catcher take the out, we get the run.

We score 4 runs in the bottom of the 7th to retake the lead and the majority of the posts still have a negative tone.

I'm sure there will be another 1.5 pages of the same while smith and KRod finish the game off

Will got the outs far too quickly for any negativity. I had my complainin' keys ready!

We score 4 runs in the bottom of the 7th to retake the lead and the majority of the posts still have a negative tone.

I'm sure there will be another 1.5 pages of the same while smith and KRod finish the game off

Unless Smith isn't on the mound long enough for anyone to be negative... Good quick inning.

Every time the bullpen doesn't have a perfect inning they're going to cost us the season. Every time we make an out on the bases we're the worst base running team in the league. I'm just trying to counteract the abundant negativity during a season when we've been in first place for over 4 months.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Every time the bullpen doesn't have a perfect inning they're going to cost us the season. Every time we make an out on the bases we're the worst base running team in the league. I'm just trying to counteract the abundant negativity during a season when we've been in first place for over 4 months.

Awesome strawman statements.

There is truth to this and I'm guilty too. Odd to think we've been in first place all year after being predicted 4th by almost everyone, and there is still so many frustrating moments... Game of failure I guess.

The edges of the bandwagon and the ground right next to it are pretty worn...

Archived