Brewer Fanatic

2014-08-07 Giants (Peavy) at Brewers (Peralta), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 3-1]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Did Gomez swing at any strikes?

No, but a tad closer than Braun failing to hold up and then swinging at three garbage sliders.

Yeah, that was pretty awful.

It's amazing how bad Braunie has looked at times. He's swinging at a lot crap this year. I don't know if he's just guessing more or what, but it's tough to watch.

Tomorrow's starter may be Roberto Hernandez instead of Beckett. Dodgers acquired him and stated he will replace Beckett in the rotation. Not sure if it will be effective tomorrow or not.

Of all their big contracts, the Phillies manage to unload the $1M/2 months owed to Fausto Carmona? Heh, hopefully if he goes he doesn't completely dominate us like he did last month.

Did Gomez swing at any strikes?

No, but a tad closer than Braun failing to hold up and then swinging at three garbage sliders.

Yeah, that was pretty awful.

It's amazing how bad Braunie has looked at times. He's swinging at a lot crap this year. I don't know if he's just guessing more or what, but it's tough to watch.

A couple weeks ago he was on some kind of "look at everything" kick. It was maddening yet more so refreshing when he was watching perfectly good pitches go by...I'd be up for a little more of it.

I would rather have RR throw Wily for 130 pitches here than try to get through the 7th and 8th with our current dumpster fire of a bullpen.

Yep, I'm nervous he's going to pull him after Pagan no matter what happens.

The Brewers are 1-7-1 in their 9 series since the start of July. Sure would be nice to make it 2-7-1.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Called that one... Pence has a far greater chance of taking Jeffress deep than Willy.

Why do you say that, other than "just because"

Jeffress doesn't give up a lot of homeruns. Either in the minors, or in his small sample size in the majors over the last few years.

In 41 innings in the minors this year, he has given up 0 homeruns.

Hi everyone. I've been a lurker since the JM Gold days. First post.

Maybe, just maybe RRR could bring Jeffress back for the 8th. I can't understand his fascination with burning relievers after 1/3 of an inning.

Archived