Brewer Fanatic

2014-08-06 Giants (Vogelsong) at Brewers (Gallardo), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-4]

TooLiveBrew
Well hopefully the Sox will knock off the Cards tonight and we'll take the series tomorrow. Can't afford to be losing series at home.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here comes a ground out to short.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

So this is what a good bullpen looks like.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Oof, I haven't looked at the upcoming schedule in a while. We have the Dodgers next. Are we getting both Kershaw and Greinke?

We really need to win the game tomorrow. Every game is important, obviously, but I'm the game tomorrow is almost a must win.

I thought Papelbon cleared waivers?

I feel like the Brewers bullpen is not that big of a concern and is actually pretty decent. Kintzler is possibly the worst RP on the team though, I don't see why you use him in a close game...

Even before tonight, Kintzler had a 5.0 K/9 and a 4.73 FIP, which is good for -0.5 fWAR in 37.2 IP. I guess the shiny ERA means he's a high-leverage reliever though...?

Oof, I haven't looked at the upcoming schedule in a while. We have the Dodgers next. Are we getting both Kershaw and Greinke?

We really need to win the game tomorrow. Every game is important, obviously, but I'm the game tomorrow is almost a must win.

Yep, get both of them.

Yes, I think we play both Kershaw and Geinke...yikes.

The next four starting pitchers we face:

Jake Peavy 1-11, 4.73 ERA, 1.38 WHIP 109 K in 137 IP

Josh Beckett 6-6, 2.88 ERA 1.17 WHIP. 107 K in 115 2/3 IP

Zack Greinke 12-7, 2.71 ERA 1.14 WHIP, 158 K in 146 1/3 IP

Clayton Kershaw 13-2, 1.82 ERA 0.85 WHIP, 157 K in 128 1/3 IP

I think we really need to beat the guy that's 1-11, because the next three opposing starting pitchers are pretty good.

This may be the most useless pitching change of the year! Boy does RRR burn through arms at an alarming rate.

I was just about to post that RRR is trying to use every relief pitcher and every pinch hitter we have tonight.

And here comes Tweek.

http://www.blackberrybeads.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/tweek3.jpg

It's disappointing how the bullpen has become completely unreliable, especially given how it was one of the team's biggest strengths before the all star break.

I am more disappointed that we didn't improve our bullpen depth at the Trade Deadline!

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

I'm so glad that our bullpen imploded. Imagine if they had held after Marco?

Archived