Brewer Fanatic

2014-08-05 Giants (Lincecum) at Brewers (Nelson), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3; Parra's first Brewers hit is a HR]

hawing
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What are you talking about? Doesn't he have 2 gold gloves?

I didn't know anything I said was ambiguous.

He has won two gold gloves. In the past, neither were in CF and he's rated as a negative defender this year.

If you need any further explanation as to "what I'm talking about," I'd be happy to clarify.

But for the time being, I'm just happy they actually overturned that call.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

If it was reversed I would be upset with that call since you can't really tell where the runners heal comes down on the replay. As it is for today at least though, long live replay!

A-I disagree, I thought you could see pretty clearly that his foot was off the bag when the ball goes in the glove;

B-I would probably have a more blurry vision if I was a Giants fan and am SHOCKED they actually overturned that call.

Considering Parra never was a fulltime CF, and has never hit super well the two Gold Gloves along with the excellent defensive stats up until this year constitute pretty convincing evidence that he is well above average as a defender. I mean voters mess up the gold gloves, but almost never for a guy like Parra. A decline is certainly possible this year, but give irregular playing time and the known variation in year to year defensive numbers, along with his age I'd think noise is a more likely explanation.

The late inning rallies by the Cardinals (especially tonight since both runs came with a bunch of two out, two strike hits) are getting really frustrating. Hopefully it's just a fluke and not a sign of the lucky RISP hits they had last year.

And there it is. Game over. So annoying.

The late inning rallies by the Cardinals (especially tonight since both runs came with a bunch of two out, two strike hits) are getting really frustrating. Hopefully it's just a fluke and not a sign of the lucky RISP hits they had last year.

And there it is. Game over. So annoying.

Ya it is ... Pirates lost though (but they have a very hard August schedule IMO)

Considering Parra never was a fulltime CF, and has never hit super well the two Gold Gloves along with the excellent defensive stats up until this year constitute pretty convincing evidence that he is well above average as a defender. I mean voters mess up the gold gloves, but almost never for a guy like Parra. A decline is certainly possible this year, but give irregular playing time and the known variation in year to year defensive numbers, along with his age I'd think noise is a more likely explanation.

Ok, but is that convincing evidence he would be a good defensive CENTER fielder? Remember when he barely beat out Ryan Braun for the GG in 2011?

And his playing time hasn't really been irregular this year.

I would agree that his defensive numbers probably don't truly represent his actual value. But last years numbers are probably also outliers as well. In reality he's probably an above average defensive corner OF'er. I think it's a stretch to argue he's just a step below Carlos Gomez in terms of his defensive capability in CENTERFIELD.

big win for the brewers. nice way to bounce back from the major disappointment in St. Louis. these guys need to prove that they are capable of beating other NL contenders. Just need 1 more for the series win.

They actually have. I can't give you the exact stat, but I thought the Brewers were like 29-30 vs the current playoff teams so far this year?

They have had some heartbreaking losses to some teams at a time when t hey could have really put their foot on the necks of some of these teams and haven't, but they don't struggle as much against the top teams as it feels like they do.

Scoreboard watching this early is going to make you go insane. I'm just happy when the Brewers win, couldn't care less about the Cardinals until the last week of the season.

[sarcasm]So, if we just face aces the rest of the season we will go defeated![/sarcasm]
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Scoreboard watching this early is going to make you go insane. I'm just happy when the Brewers win, couldn't care less about the Cardinals until the last week of the season.

I think it was Socalbrewfan or GregMag who siad everytime the Cardinals feel pain somewhere in the world a child is cured of cancer. It's always a good day to check the Cards score.

I finally saw the video of the call that was overturned at the end of the game last night. I am really surprised that MLB overturned that call. I'm not complaining, just really surprised.

I finally saw the video of the call that was overturned at the end of the game last night. I am really surprised that MLB overturned that call. I'm not complaining, just really surprised.

I was at the game last night and many of us were surprised as well. Most of us were figuring it would be ruled "inconclusive" and the call on the field would stand.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I was at the game last night and many of us were surprised as well. Most of us were figuring it would be ruled "inconclusive" and the call on the field would stand.

Which should stand to reason we will get hosed on a call tonight. That seems to be how it goes

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Archived