Brewer Fanatic

2014-08-05 Giants (Lincecum) at Brewers (Nelson), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3; Parra's first Brewers hit is a HR]

hawing
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hopefully Jimmy learns to shed the Dave Bush Big Inning. Been really good until he hits the wall.

He needs a third pitch. He struggles the third time through the order.

I thought he had a change? He really needs something off-speed.

Nelson does have a change, but he doesn't throw it much (which means that he doesn't have much confidence in it)

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

If Parra continues to do things like make diving catches and hit home runs, you just know our manager will be stressing to get him in the starting line-up more often.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

PARRA AGAIN!!!!

What a catch! He just makes it look sooooo easy!

I still do not like that trade much.....but I'm taking a break from my objections tonight!

Still have little to no confidence Jeffress is going to come through here vs Posey. His slider just isn't ready...

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

I just ordered a few Jeffress Chrome autos off of COMC.com. Nice to have him back again. I'm looking for good things from him. That K against Posey made me smile :)
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

PARRA AGAIN!!!!

Smooth pop-up sliding catch at an awkward part of the wall too. Impressive in an outfield he's not familiar with.

Great point.

What a nice addition, and frankly he could wind up being the club's CF once Gomez inevitably moves on either via FA or trade. I think Parra could be a guy the Crew could extend affordably.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

PARRA AGAIN!!!!

I still do not like that trade much.....but I'm taking a break from my objections tonight!

Still have little to no confidence Jeffress is going to come through here vs Posey. His slider just isn't ready...

God do I LOVE being proven blatantly wrong immediately after a pessimistic post!

Keep throwing that slider Jeremy!

That wasn't the best curve, but when you throw a bunch of fastballs, that'll get the job done! Nice work. Have to admit, I thought he wouldn't make it out of the inning.

No, it was average at best(it was a slider I believe, but either way).

I can't imagine how tough it is to be looking for a 98 MPH fastball and try to adjust to a slider there when nobody saw that coming.

Luc having a nice night :)
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived