Brewer Fanatic

Garza hits DL, Wooten up

TURBO

Indications are that Estrada will start in his place. Way to think out of the box RRR and DM. We already know what Estrada will more than likely accomplish, how about giving Fiers another shot?

:(

Wooten takes the place of Garza, and no sign of Fiers getting a chance... Dumb, DUMB move!

http://www.rotoworld.com/playernews/mlb/baseball?r=1

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

This move would be fine if Wooten is optioned back for Fiers on Saturday - utilize the roster spot for four days. Will keep my fingers crossed until Saturday's pitcher is announced, though I have no confidence in them to make a good move of it.

Ugh. Fiers was perfectly lined up to step in and be stretched out, too. I hate this. At least with Fiers you have some upside given how well he's been pitching. We'll get "okay" at best from Estrada.

While I would have preferred Fiers simply to keep a long man in the pen Estrada has had as good of stretches for as long of time as Fiers ever did. Fiers also has had every bit as bad of stretches as Estrada. I think ultimately Fiers career with Milwaukee will look an awful lot like Estrada's has. So I'm not going to get all up in arms about this.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

lets wait until the Garza start and see who actually starts before we bury someone over it, okay?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

sometimes I feel like im reading the comments of the journal sentinal on here

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

How do you know some of us don't post over there too??

Wooten since he was sent down in July: 7 IP, 10 Hits, 7 Runs, 7 ER, 4 BB, 8 K. ERA of 9.00. WHIP of 2.0. He did save 5 but blew 2 in spectacular fashion.

I'm hoping there's a deal working for someone else. It's one thing to start Estrada but to not have a long man to rescue him before things get out of hand in a pennant race is discouraging to say the least.

I feel like some posters have definitely ended up on

at some point.

LOL i follow that account and I swear they rip some of them straight from the gameday threads!

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

did garza have something in his contract about his health?

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Fiers' last 2 starts have been awful. I am not sure if Estrada is any worse or better of a choice than Mike

have you checked fiers' minor league stats lately? granted, he hasn't pitched deep into a game lately, but i'd hardly call his last two starts awful.

Fiers' last 2 starts have been awful. I am not sure if Estrada is any worse or better of a choice than Mike

have you checked fiers' minor league stats lately? granted, he hasn't pitched deep into a game lately, but i'd hardly call his last two starts awful.

In fact, 7 of his last 8 starts have been good. And the "bad" start was 5 IP and 3 ER..

As a long term starter Fiers probably wouldn't be much/any better than Estrada. But for a 1-2 month stretch, he can definitely be better. If he can have a few outings close to what he had when he first arrived in 2012, that would be huge.

I'll take 5.2 IP and 6 IP both with 1 run starts all the time from my #5 starter. I'd love it if all of our pitchers were awful like that.

As others have said Fiers and Estrada are essentially the same guy. Marco gives you little more certainty, Fiers a little more potential upside.

I'd rather see Fiers myself but the difference is marginal enough that no matter who gets the call I'd say it's a stretch to call it dumb.

Wooten's part of the AAAA bullpen shuttle, I have no problem with him up for a few games until Garza's start rolls around - my guess is their decision on who starts between Fiers and Estrada in his place will come down to whether Estrada needs to be used in the games leading up to then.

While I'd rather see Fiers start over Estrada at this point, IMO both pitchers have essentially the same chance to give the team a handful of quality starts in Garza's absence.

At the end of the day, unless the Brewers' offense gets on a good roll during this difficult August/September stretch, who's the spot starter for Garza really won't make that much difference.

Archived