Brewer Fanatic

NL Central Talk 2014

Bombers

Crunch time ...

Brewers @ Cardinals (3) , Brewers @ Pirates (3)

Red Sox @ Pirates (3) , Reds @ Cardinals (3)

Nationals @ Braves (3) , Mets @ Braves (3)

.500 keeps us in it (but puts us in a bad spot for the final week) ...

4-2 sets us up well.

2 - 4 - probably knocks us out.

5-1 flips us and the pirates.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who are we facing in the Cards series? Also anyway of knowing how the Pirates rotation will lineup later this week?
It's going to be Wainwright, Lynn and Shelby Miller. I don't know in what order. Miller has been the most effective of the three lately, but none of them have been shelled for a while.

FYI the two acquisitions, Lackey and Masterson have been sent to the pen. Lackey is in Matheny's doghouse for getting himself tossed in that game last week for arguing with the ump in the third inning of the game.

Pitching probables for rest of year are up on ESPN:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/schedule?date=20140915

STL 9/16-18

Tues: Peralta vs Lynn

Wed: Fiers vs Wainwright

Thurs: Lohse vs Miller

PIT 9/19-21

Fri: Gallardo vs Locke

Sat: Garza vs Volquez

Sun: Peralta vs Morton

CIN: 9/23-25

Tues: Fiers vs Cueto

Wed: Lohse vs tbd (possibly Corcino per Reds rotation)

Thurs: Gallardo vs Holmberg

CHI: 9/26-28

Fri: Doubrant vs Garza

Sat: Turner vs Peralta

Sun: Wood vs Fiers

I think thats mortons first start coming off the DL

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

The next 6 games are the key . They need to win to show they belong. If they flop here the rest won't really matter. It has been an exciting season now to show what they are made of.
You said a mouthful! I would say that going at least 4-2 is an absolute must. Who knows? Lohse and Gallardo could surprise everyone.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
If the Brewers can be within a game of a playoff spot heading into the last 6 games of the year against a struggling Cincy and beatable Cubs team I really like our chances. The Pirate series is going to be huge. The Red Sox better at least take one game.

Sadly, the Red Sox seem to be in tank mode.

If the Brewers can be within a game of a playoff spot heading into the last 6 games of the year against a struggling Cincy and beatable Cubs team I really like our chances. The Pirate series is going to be huge. The Red Sox better at least take one game.

Sadly, the Red Sox seem to be in tank mode.

Their best chance to win is tonight with Buchholz on the mound. Bad news is he is facing Liriano who has been great in the 2nd half. Tomorrow, the Sox throw out Brandon Workman who is downright horrendous. 10.95 ERA in his last 3 starts and is 1 - 9 on the season with a 5.27 ERA. He faces Cole who, since coming back in August has 4 quality starts in 5 outings. So umm, ya - hopefully Buchholz has a gem and we somehow beat Wainwright.

The pitching matchups for this Cardinals series are not ideal but I really like the way it lines up for the following 3 series. We avoid Liriano and Cole in Pittsburgh. We run into Cueto but counter with Fiers. Then we avoid Arietta and Hendricks in Chicago .

Yep. The Pirates are 8-2 last 10 while Atlanta has dropped 5 straight. The Giants were doing fine until they ran into the Dodgers. Another loss tonight by the Cardinals and Giants will make this thing very interesting. ;)

As to the Sox beating the Bucs....it could happen.

Cincinnati Reds

Kris Negron, SS

Ramon Santiago, 3B

Yorman Rodriguez, CF

Ryan Ludwick, LF

Donald Lutz, RF

Jack Hannahan, 1B

Jake Elmore, 2B

Tucker Barnhart, C

That's the lineup that Price ran out there yesterday to face the Cubs. No Bruce, Hamilton, Morasco or Phillips. (Frazier and Votto laid up I think) Just a complete tank job.

I'm not familiar enough with the Red Sox, so I wonder if they're doing the same thing vs. the Pirates? Those lop-sided scores indicate YES.

Well we probably need to sweep the Pirates now. At least we don't have to go through Liriano and Cole.

nope, instead we have to face Morton, Volquez and Locke... fingers crossed we can figure out how to hit volquez/Locke this weekend and just destroy Morton. nothing would bring more joy this weekend than sweeping the pirates.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Well we probably need to sweep the Pirates now. At least we don't have to go through Liriano and Cole.

Change "probably" to definitely. Sweep and we have a good chance to make the playoffs, though we still need help since that half game is a Brewers loss. Simply win the series and we're probably dead, but I suppose stranger things have happened.

Archived