Bombers
  • Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your weekly programming guide

Blue Jays (2 Games) @ Brewers, Pirates at Brewers

Reds @ Cards, Cards @ Phillies

Braves @ Pirates

Braves @ Reds for 4 after Reds play the Cards.

Other notable series: Giants @ Nationals play a 3 game set next weekend

Another awesome slate of games coming up ... Go Brewers!

Chuck Morton on the 15 day DL, Cole will more than likely be back in the rotation this week. in other news, the Pirates are starting to implode.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Wow, so Aroldis Chapman came in with a 9-5 lead over the Rockies and promptly walked FOUR batters in a row before he was pulled. Hoover came in, got two outs, but gave up a 3-run homer to Drew Stubbs for a walkoff victory. So that'll drop the Reds down a bit more. And that was only the first game of a doubleheader. Ouch.

Edit: Second game of the DH did not go much better for the Reds. They had a 5-2 lead going into the bottom of the 7th, but gave up three runs in that inning to tie it, and five more in the 8th to put it out of reach. Reds lose 10-5.

Edit: On another NL Central note, both Washington and Pittsburgh blew saves. Rafael Soriano gave up three in the top of the ninth to give Pitt the lead, then Melancon gave up one in the bottom to put the game into extras. Axford pitched a fairly clean 8th (one walk, turned into a DP) and would have gotten the win had it not been for the blown save. The Nats end up winning in the bottom of the 11th on a sac fly.

Only downside in the Central was St. Louis winning. The Padres scored two in the ninth, but weren't able to tie/go ahead with runners at second and third and two outs. Cards barely hang on 7-6.

These are prime examples of why i just don't get the frustration so many Brewers fans have with K-Rod.

Yea, he gives up to many home runs, but plenty of other fans have to deal with closers regularly in trouble compared to how often K-Rod is.

Reds tie it in the top of the ninth on a one out double from Jay Bruce after a AJP error allowed Hamilton to go from first to third

And Manny Parra on to pitch.

So at what point does Neshek replace Rosenthal? Hopefully never

The Reds had the bases loaded in the 8th and couldn't score, and then lined out to RF in the 9th after they tied it. Plenty of chances to score. The Cardinals tied the game in the 8th after a double by Peralta, a double by Delcalso and another hit by someone.

Its the bottom of the 9th now and the way things have been going for the reds, were probably looking at a walk off wild pitch + error.

Edit - nope going to 10th after a double play.

Reds tie it in the top of the ninth on a one out double from Jay Bruce after a AJP error allowed Hamilton to go from first to third

Didn't Matheny give Rosenthal the "vote of confidence" yesterday? So, given the history of "votes of confidence," you'd guess Neshek gets named the closer tomorrow, right?

The crazy thing is with all the crazy bullpen chaos, St. Louis has lost exactly one of their last five games. They've been really luck given the weird phantom tag against SD and pretty much giving up leads throughout the whole series. They were up 3-0 tonight too. You have to think they lose one of these games sometime soon.

And as I type, Burjos leans into a pitch from Parra. I'd be pretty surprised if the Cards don't bring him around. Here's hoping.

Edit: Double play for the Reds. Which means I should probably go to sleep and just hope for the best.

Didn't Matheny give Rosenthal the "vote of confidence" yesterday? So, given the history of "votes of confidence," you'd guess Neshek gets named the closer tomorrow, right?

MM did stick up for Rosenthal. He's determined to ignore the fact that the man has been figured out. It will take booing from the fans to get the point across. It's like Ryan Franklin and Tony La Russa all over again.

Dat Dude did his usual good job in the field, but was futile at the plate. On the other hand Jay Bruce is looking like the slugger we're used to. Very dangerous again.

Good God, I hate the Cardinals. They score just enough to win, get every break, every clutch hit from every scrub. Every draft pick, signing, and trade comes up roses. The analytic community thinks the sun shines straight out their butts. All this from a negative differential team. They're going to win the division unless we can beat them head to head, because every other team on their schedule has folded like cheap lawn furniture. I can't stand watching them rack up cheap one-run win after cheap one-run win.

Good God, I hate the Cardinals. They score just enough to win, get every break, every clutch hit from every scrub. Every draft pick, signing, and trade comes up roses. The analytic community thinks the sun shines straight out their butts. All this from a negative differential team. They're going to win the division unless we can beat them head to head, because every other team on their schedule has folded like cheap lawn furniture. I can't stand watching them rack up cheap one-run win after cheap one-run win.

Whatever. While they're winning cheap, we've been in first place since April.

It is frustrating that they keep squeezing out one run late inning victories after another. Turn around just two of them and we are up around 4 games.

The good news is what was a 4 team race a week ago is now a two team race.
That's a good thing for sure, but Atlanta's beat down of the Pirates has put them back in the WC picture!

Brewer focus should be on the division. Having to worry about one foe makes things a lot clearer. Making it in as a WC, while nice, doesn't amount to much if you lose the one and done game.

The Cubs, getting young and pretty exiting are beating the Orioles right now. Game on WGN.

I shudder to think of the possible competitiveness in the Central next year if they open their fat wallet for a couple of ace starters this off-season.

It isn't surprising and we all figured they would get a way for Wainwright to pitch vs the Crew, but the Cards just tweaked their rotation so Wainwright lines up with the Brewers for both series.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20140820&content_id=90587716&notebook_id=90596398&vkey=notebook_stl&c_id=stl

Bombers, that's a blessing in disguise. Since the elbow issue and Molina being out his ERA has blown up and BB/K ratio dramatically down. He's no ace anymore. Still has the curveball, but no fastball to set it up. Lance Lynn is now the Cards #1, and that's not going to change THIS season.

If you care for details: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/bernie-miklasz/bernie-wondering-about-waino/article_4b37e7b8-e6e2-5019-838d-135f68f32fd5.html

Archived