Brewer Fanatic

MLB should rethink the use of some PEDS -- [Latest: Tony Bosch (Biogenesis) surrenders to DEA; more MLB suspensions coming (see post #11)]

swheeler23
I think there will be a lot more players names come out. I just think a lot of players used/ use PEDS in baseball. Of all the guys that were suspended only Braun failed a drug test. Tells me the testing doesn't work.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think there will be a lot more players names come out. I just think a lot of players used/ use PEDS in baseball. Of all the guys that were suspended only Braun failed a drug test. Tells me the testing doesn't work.

MLB reacted to Braun getting off from a failed test as if it knew it rarely was catching guys with it's testing procedures. They wanted him as an example more than anything. It's ironic that the Biogenesis records have resulted in more suspensions than testing. That's certainly an indictment of the testing.

It would really be something if Matt Kemp was one of those named.

Is it wrong that I think this would be AWESOME!

I suspect him heavily. Fit's the PED pattern pretty good. This shot is reminiscent of ARod and Canseco's love of self.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfl2i9PXSGsFDeFVN8-_GbJeGpkA7jb2zWMRQCzUg1qzBK74Z-

And I'm still not entirely convinced that Braun's failed test was actually legitimate.

Wasn't Marlon Byrd already suspended at one point? Maybe I am making that up.

I'm just hoping it's not any Brewers. Not that I care in the least about the actual act, but would rather not have the distraction during the stretch run.

Yep, in 2012

Wow, didn't realize or had forgotten about that. Interesting that the two best power years of his career come after he gets caught and suspended.

he was suspended for using some medication to help reduce breasts in males in 2012, kind of crazy, and its sorta refreshing just how open he was/is about what he used and why

http://www.philliedelphia.com/2014/01/marlon-byrd-says-ped-suspension-was-due-to-breast-reduction-drugs.html

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

he was suspended for using some medication to help reduce breasts in males in 2012, kind of crazy, and its sorta refreshing just how open he was/is about what he used and why

http://www.philliedelphia.com/2014/01/marlon-byrd-says-ped-suspension-was-due-to-breast-reduction-drugs.html

Like many others, he stated he was taking them for a reason other than trying to build up muscle. Hard to really tell how open he was/is about it.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I guess, there have been other interviews of him while he was with pittsburgh last year about it that I couldnt find when I did that search where he talked about the reasons he took it, and seemed more open than pretty much any other player I could remember. doesnt change the fact he was pretty bad in 2012 when he got busted though

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

It will never happen but it would just be glorious to have certain NY and BOS All Stars implicated. It would be like Braun times a million.

I heard as many as 90 additional players could be shown; if that's the case there is almost certain to be some really good players in there that could have a huge effect on numerous playoff races. Of course assuming details are released in a timely fashion and MLB drops the hammer on the players immediately.

Funny how some protect Braun while in yester years not letting ARod and Bonds types off the hook.....

Just call yourself a homer and get on with it.... don't try to justify cheating (MLBPA approved the rules and testing)

Funny how some protect Braun while in yester years not letting ARod and Bonds types off the hook.....

Just call yourself a homer and get on with it.... don't try to justify cheating (MLBPA approved the rules and testing)

When Bonds played was there testing? Maybe at the end. MLB profited from the cheating for years. The only reason they went after these guys is to help the Yankees get out of Arods contract and suspend Braun because he got out of the felled test.

MLB testing doesn't work. If they really wanted to stop the use they would give teams the power to end contracts after 1 positive test. I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of the games best players are doing something.

I don't really care about PEDs, if players want to use them, bring in actual doctors to prescribe the drugs and to make sure they're being properly taken. If a player doesn't want to use them, that's fine too.

I do think it's funny how MLB beats their chest about how strong their testing policy is yet with the new report that 50-80 more players were involved in Biogenesis in addition to the 14(?) already caught. Seems pretty easy to beat the test as that would mean 2-3 full teams were able to beat the testing MLB did.

And again I'll say pretty much the only people who care about this are MLB and the sanctimonious media.

And again I'll say pretty much the only people who care about this are MLB and the sanctimonious media.

I care, but I guess I'm just "sanctimonious". I promised myself I would try to stay out of these conversations, but I can't help myself with posts like this. This whole thought that you must be "holier-than-thou" if you care about PED usage. No, I just don't care to see the game I grew up watching and loving turn into a cartoonish video game version of itself.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Cheating comes in many degrees. Pre-testing guys were taking anabolic steroids. This allowed them to add crazy amounts of muscle mass which resulted in cartoonish video game numbers and an unprecedented era of offense.

Now with testing in place guys can't take steroids anymore because they stay in your system too long and there'd be failed tests all over the place. So they've turned to HGH which is harder to detect (as evidenced by the large majority of Biogenesis clients never failing a test) and doesn't help build muscle mass so much as it aids in recovery and makes guys feel fresh. I would also theorize HGH is much more beneficial to pitchers as evidenced by the ever decreasing run scoring environment.

"The emperor has no clothes!"....oh, I, obvious guy, mean....The players agreed to the rules..... if they wouldn't have, I'd be just slightly more sympathetic.

When there were "no rules" in MLB, there still were laws against illegal drugs- still not ok..... love it when fans bodyguard cheating millionaires. Baseball authorities should be about getting the game safer for the body (less drugs) and fairer, regardless what the growing group of ignorant fans say.

In recent years, baseball has and should be commended.

I guess if I'm going to "bodyguard" anyone I would rather it be a cheating millionaire than a lying billionaire.

In recent years baseball should be commended for what exactly? They roll out a so called world class, olympic quality testing program so that fans can say, "See! They're cleaning up the game!" Yet, players rarely fail the tests and in order to catch anyone cheating they needed to bust the supplier.

I care, but I guess I'm just "sanctimonious". I promised myself I would try to stay out of these conversations, but I can't help myself with posts like this. This whole thought that you must be "holier-than-thou" if you care about PED usage. No, I just don't care to see the game I grew up watching and loving turn into a cartoonish video game version of itself.

How does what Braun was doing turn it into a "cartoonish video game"? Too many people associate all PEDs (not just cosmetic steroids) with the Canseco/McGwire era where guys had no idea what they were doing and were abusing steroids to look like video game characters, which doesn't even help you hit the ball further.

Players like Braun are taking PEDs (assuming he took them) to gain a slight advantage in training and in recovering from injuries faster so he can stay on the field.

I understand there is a heated debate and that both sides of the argument have valid points, but let's be clear what we're debating here.

Archived