Gian Rizzo

Barret Astin

Greg Munoz

Jose Pena

Edgardo Rivera

Eric Williams

Yerald Martinez

Johel Atencio

I think it bodes well that 11-25 and much of the "In the mix" lsit has the kind of upside that could make them a top 10 prospect in the system next year. Also, the bats are coming. Lots of them.

1. Tyrone Taylor

2. Clint Coulter

3. Orlando Arcia

4. Devin Williams

5. Tyler Wagner

6. Kodi Medeiros

7. Taylor Williams

8. Victor Roache

9. Monte Harrison

10. David Goforth

11. Michael Reed

12. Taylor Jungmann

13. Jason Rogers

14. David Denson

15. Jacob Gatewood

16. Jorge Lopez

17. Chris McFarland

18. Wei-Chung Wang

19. Brandon Diaz

20. Tyler Cravy

21. Johnny Davis

22. Gilbert Lara

23. Tucker Neuhaus

24. Joantgel Segovia

25. Jed Bradley

Players just missing the cut... D'Vo, Jose Pena, Nicholas Pierre, Franly Mallen, Sean Zarraga, Dustin DeMuth, Yadiel Rivera, and Hunter Morris

Comments:

1. Tyrone Taylor - Not jumping off his bandwagon any time soon

2. Clint Coulter - Needs defensive flexibility, hopefully next year he doesn't DH more than half of the games

3. Orlando Arcia - His bat is starting to ascend, I'm extremely excited about him

4. Devin Williams - Up and down in Helena, this is a rating based on potential

5. Tyler Wagner - A favorite of mine from last year's TRat team just keeps getting better. He doesn't have knockout stuff but everything he has is average or better. I'm extremely interested to see how he holds up in AA.

6. Kodi Medeiros - Not great out of the gate, very good his last time out, I'm still concerned about his low arm slot but his off speed stuff is nasty.

7. Taylor Williams - Similar to 2 pitch mix to Peralta at the same level (FB/Slider) though Taylor has found much better command since the all-star break. He's pretty exciting.

8. Victor Roache - Hasn't gotten his bat going, one of the few potential power hitters in the system, unless he turns it around he'll keep sliding on my list.

9. Monte Harrison - I loved this draft pick, in the mock I had him going to Pittsburgh in the first, but I'm into raw toolsy players.

10. David Goforth - Stagnated like many players do when repeating a level after having success the first time, normally more of a AAA thing, hopefully he gets a shot at AAA to start next season.

11. Michael Reed - He's found more power this year than he flashed in the past, if that continues to improve I like him for a corner OF spot or 4th OF.

12. Taylor Jungmann - Steady yet unspectacular as always, should be in the mix to be quality rotation depth for 2015

13. David Denson - Unfortunately his season was derailed right when he heated up, I'm very high on his all around game, still very raw but to be in full season ball at his age with his limited baseball experience is fantastic.

14. Jacob Gatewood - He might ultimately end up being the IF version of Victor Roache but he's been much better of late. Hopefully he makes significant gains through instructs and spring training next season.

15. Jorge Lopez - Hit a skid after his Future's Game appearance, I'm still not sure what to make of him, he's always had potential.

16. Chris McFarland - No one has impressed me more this season with the complete turn around in their game. Unfortunately he hasn't gone yard since 5-10-2014 but he has decent pull power. His defense is still shaky especially on his back hand so he's still got to work to do, but what a job he's done his 2nd time through WI.

17. Wei-Chung Wang - Outside of Medeiros Wang is the pitcher I'm most intrigued by, I'll watch him pitch in person on Saturday.

18. Brandon Diaz - Just 5 for his last 30 but I find to be interesting given he's outperforming the higher drafted HS picks from 2013.

19. Tyler Cravy - I've been a Cravy guy going all the way back to Helena, I sure wish he'd get healthy and start pitching again, he's been out of action since 6-22-2014.

20. Johnny Davis - He's made tremendous strides at the plate over the course of the season. He was a slap hitting bunter at the start and now he's smoking line drives on occasion. Statistically he's been much better as a RH batter but I think that's more of a sample size thing at this point.

21. Gilbert Lara - Interested to see where and how he starts as the highest international bonus baby in Brewer history.

22. Tucker Neuhaus - Made the list solely on potential as his career has been uninspiring to this point.

23. Joantgel Segovia - Extremely intrigued, he just keeps on hitting in the DSL.

24. Jed Bradley - I'll just say that I'm cautiously optimistic about him at this time

25. Hobbs Johnson - Appears to be more of a command/control guy than a stuff guy but is getting results.

edit. Added Jason Rogers at 13.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

This was very hard to do as there a lot of players I could put in my top 25.

1. Tyrone Taylor

2. Orlando Arcia

3. Clint Coulter

4. Devin Williams

5. Taylor Williams

6. Kodi Medeiros

7. Monte Harrison

8. Tyler Wagner

9. Victor Roache

10. Jacob Gatewood

11. David Denson

12. Michael Reed

13. Jorge Lopez

14. David Goforth

15. Wei-Chung Wang

16. Chris McFarland

17. Brandon Diaz

18. Gilbert Lara

19. Tucker Neuhaus

20. Tyler Cravy

21. Jed Bradley

22. Joantgel Segovia

23. Taylor Jungmann

24. Jason Rogers

25. Ariel Pena

Basically 1-3 can all be labeled as #1. I can't put Lara in the top 10 as he hasn't even played a game yet and won't until next year. I am hoping that some more pitchers jump up and have the years that the top 3 are having because right now we have a bunch of #4's and 5's still in the minors with a bunch of maybe #3's if everything goes correctly for them.

1 Arcia

2 Taylor

3 Coulter

4 Lopez

5 Medieros

6 T Williams

7 Wagner

8 D Williams

9 Wang

10 Cravy

11 Rogers

12 Roache

13 Harrison

14 Gatewood

15 Lara

16 Morris

17 Jungmann

18 Bradley

19 A Pena

20 Y Rivera

21 Denson

22 Segovia

23 Rizzo

24 Diaz

25 H Johnson

26 Neuhaus

27 Reed

28 Torres

29 McFarland

30 Orf

31 Matos

32 Delmonico

33 Pierre

34 Mallen

35 Goforth

36 Gagnon

37 Burgos

38 Brennan

39 Zarraga

40 Belonis

Formerly JohnStumpyPepys

My list:

1-Orlando Arcia

2- Tyrone Taylor

3-Gilbert Lara

4-Monte Harrison

5-Kodi Medeiros

6-Clint Coulter

7-Tyler Wagner

8-Taylor Jungmann

9-Taylor Williams

10-Jacob Gatewood

11-Michael Reed

12-Devin Williams

13-Ariel Pena

14-Nicolas Pierre

15-Victor Roache

16-Wei Chung Wang

17-Jorge Lopez

18-David Denson

19-David Goforth

20-Johel Atencio

21-Franly Mallen

22-Brandon Diaz

23-Jed Bradley

24-Yadiel Rivera

25-Michael Blazek

1) Orlando Arcia

2) Tyrone Taylor

3) Clint Coulter

4) Devin Williams

5) Jake Gatewood

6) Monte Harrison

7) Gilbert Lara

8) Taylor Jungmann

9) Tyler Wagner

10) Kodi Medeiros

11) Taylor Williams

12) Jorge Lopez

13) Jason Rogers

14) David Denson

15) Victor Roache

16) Yadiel Rivera

17) Michael Reed

18) Ariel Pena

19) David Goforth

20) Hunter Morris

21) Chris McFarland

22) Hobbs Johnson

23) Wei-Chung Wang

24) Brandon Diaz

25) Tucker Neuhaus

Just missed: Joantgel Segovia, Tyler Cravy, Jed Bradley, Michael Ratterree

A few observations from the process of trying to rank the top 25 organization prospects...

First, IMO Orlando Arcia, Tyrone Taylor, and Clint Coulter pretty clearly comprise the first tier of prospects in the system. I really couldn't argue putting them in any order as they are almost interchangeable within those top three spots. Earlier in the season I would have been more adamant about Arcia and Taylor being 1-2, but I considered putting Coulter at 1 (or 2) because this season he is flashing moments of "what they look like" as a hitter. I am also in agreement with many that a position change could help unleash the offensive beast that Coulter appears to be capable of becoming.

Second, I have to admit I have developed a somewhat irrational bias toward dreaming on what a player could become. I typically over-rate a high ceiling while likely underrating guys with high floors. After the top tier there appears to be a lot less polish and certainty. The second wave for me is a group of guys with a ton of talent, but most are just too far away in their development to be anything more than cautiously optimistic about right now. Also, the overall number of talented high upside players under 21 is quite impressive as compared to the past couple of years.

I moved Jason Rogers up from my initial list because it is becoming fairly apparent that at some point he is going to be a major league player, and there is certainly a lot of value in that even if it isn't in an every day role. Same story for Jungmann, I believe he will be an MLB pitcher in the not to distant future even if it is as a #5 starter.

Lastly, I was really struck by how difficult the second half of these rankings were. I counted 30 guys that I could make an argument for placing in slots 16-25. The system appears to have a great deal more depth than it did at this time last season. Admittedly if I did this list five times over the next month, I would probably have different rankings in the 16-25 range every single time.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

Wow that's embarrassing, I completely forgot Jason Rogers.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

1. Medeiros

2. Coulter

3. Arica

4. Wagner

5. Taylor

6. Lopez

7. D Williams

8. Lara

9. Gatewood

10. Roach

11. Jungmann

12. Harrison

13. Bradley

14. Pena

15 a. Diaz

15 b. T Williams

17. McFarland

18. Rogers

19. Morris

20. Hellweg

21. Rivera

22. Nuehaus

23. Rizzo

24. Yamamoto

25. Reed

This list was hard... I guess that's a really good thing though. I also have to give the brewers credit, because they have 'struggled' with the "worst" or one of the worst farms in baseball over the last couple years and yet they have an awfully impressive recent graduate list playing in the majors. Davis, gennett, peralta, Nelson, thornburg, fiers, maldy... That's not easy to do, especially since they add those guys to the other home growns like Braun, lucroy, gallardo, and weeks, then you look at the prospects that they traded for with Gomez and segura. They just aren't as bad as we give them credit for is my point, which has me that much more excited for 3/4 years from now because this current crop looks like the real deal to me, lots of balance and lots of talent!!

I'm excited to see how that middle chunk of prospects turn out. As many have commented their is a fair amount of consensus on who the top 15 players are (not so much on their order) and then quite the mix of players who are hard to distinguish at this stage.

This list was hard... I guess that's a really good thing though. I also have to give the brewers credit, because they have 'struggled' with the "worst" or one of the worst farms in baseball over the last couple years and yet they have an awfully impressive recent graduate list playing in the majors. Davis, gennett, peralta, Nelson, thornburg, fiers, maldy... That's not easy to do, especially since they add those guys to the other home growns like Braun, lucroy, gallardo, and weeks, then you look at the prospects that they traded for with Gomez and segura. They just aren't as bad as we give them credit for is my point, which has me that much more excited for 3/4 years from now because this current crop looks like the real deal to me, lots of balance and lots of talent!!

If you are a Brewers prospect, you have to do a lot to get recognition. And since the organization isn’t afraid of drafting oddball players like Gennett/Davis/Thronburg, prospect sites and scouts alike have that much more reason to hedge on those guys. That said, even guys like Tyrone Taylor cannot get respect. All anyone could talk about was this two-sport stud who scored like 30 TD's his senior year as a RB. Now, he will end up leading a full season league in XBH's while playing CF and he cannot even make a top 50 list. Taylor ends up being more polished than anyone thought, and somehow his ceiling has diminished.

I am just happy that the Brewers are proving, repeatedly, that they were right about many of these guys. And I guarantee that their unforeseen success has taught many scouts a good lesson.

Agreed, look at arcia... If he was in another organization he would be top 100 guaranteed. I know that's a big statement, but he is the total package. First off SS tends to be one of the "trendier" top prospect type, because it's such a premium position that if a guy can just hit a little bit scout start falling over themselves. Arcia has it all, he is a plus plus defender, he is VERY young for the level he's playing at, he's having a VERY strong offensive year in an extreme offensive suppressing environment, he has good speed on the bases and in the field, and he has premium blood lines and yet he has not even come close to even come close to kind of sniffing a list... He probably wouldn't even be in most of the "experts" top 300 lists, not to mention 100 lists and I could make an argument that is legit that he's top 75 in baseball.

I go back to Melvin and mark A talking about how political it is to get your prospects ranked and how much money it takes to get people to even look at your guys and that's they weren't going to do it because they didn't see the value. I think they might change their minds after this years trade deadline; after way overpaying for parra, and not being able to bring in a reliever with most teams asking for jimmy Nelson for a half season rental of a reliever...

When you pair that with 1 or 2 bad drafts (at the top) and it becomes self-fulfilling. Not one of these guys ever had kris Davis anywhere near one of these top "however many" lists and he has already outperformed what probably 90% of the top 100 ahead of him will ever do in the bigs.

Wring place for this, sorry for soap boxing .

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
This was very hard to do as there a lot of players I could put in my top 25.

1. Tyrone Taylor

2. Orlando Arcia

3. Clint Coulter

4. Devin Williams

5. Taylor Williams

6. Kodi Medeiros

8. Monte Harrison

9. Tyler Wagner

10. Victor Roache

11. Jacob Gatewood

12. David Denson

13. Michael Reed

14. Jorge Lopez

15. David Goforth

16. Wei-Chung Wang

17. Chris McFarland

18. Brandon Diaz

19. Gilbert Lara

20. Tucker Neuhaus

21. Tyler Cravy

22. Jed Bradley

23. Joantgel Segovia

24. Taylor Jungmann

25. Ariel Pena

Basically 1-3 can all be labeled as #1. I can't put Lara in the top 10 as he hasn't even played a game yet and won't until next year. I am hoping that some more pitchers jump up and have the years that the top 3 are having because right now we have a bunch of #4's and 5's still in the minors with a bunch of maybe #3's if everything goes correctly for them.

Nate, you skipped #7 on your list. I need you to add one more guy. Thanks!

I'll give it a go.

1. Arcia

2. Coulter

3. Taylor

4. Harrison

5. Lara

6. Medeiros

7. Denson

8. T. Williams

9. Wagner

10. Gatewood

11. D. Williams

12. Lopez

13. Jungman

14. Roache

15. Diaz

16. Cravy

17. Wang

18. Matos

19. Rivera

20. Reed

21. Rogers

22. H Johnson

23. Segova

24. Bradley

25. Mallen

Agreed, look at arcia... If he was in another organization he would be top 100 guaranteed. I know that's a big statement, but he is the total package. First off SS tends to be one of the "trendier" top prospect type, because it's such a premium position that if a guy can just hit a little bit scout start falling over themselves. Arcia has it all, he is a plus plus defender, he is VERY young for the level he's playing at, he's having a VERY strong offensive year in an extreme offensive suppressing environment, he has good speed on the bases and in the field, and he has premium blood lines and yet he has not even come close to even come close to kind of sniffing a list... He probably wouldn't even be in most of the "experts" top 300 lists, not to mention 100 lists and I could make an argument that is legit that he's top 75 in baseball.

I go back to Melvin and mark A talking about how political it is to get your prospects ranked and how much money it takes to get people to even look at your guys and that's they weren't going to do it because they didn't see the value. I think they might change their minds after this years trade deadline; after way overpaying for parra, and not being able to bring in a reliever with most teams asking for jimmy Nelson for a half season rental of a reliever...

When you pair that with 1 or 2 bad drafts (at the top) and it becomes self-fulfilling. Not one of these guys ever had kris Davis anywhere near one of these top "however many" lists and he has already outperformed what probably 90% of the top 100 ahead of him will ever do in the bigs.

Wring place for this, sorry for soap boxing .

Just as an FYI, Arcia made quite a few of the Baseball America editors top 75 lists at midseason. He's squarely on the top 100 radar by all accounts.

Wow that's embarrassing, I completely forgot Jason Rogers.

I did too, but Like Hunter Morris, who I left out, I did so due to Age. We're looking at a prospect entering his age 27season for next year. I think I cut out "Prospect" and put AAAA label on a prospect who's not established a 25man roster spot at the Big League level at that point.

Medeiros, K

Coulter, C

Taylor, T

Arcia, O

Williams, D

Harrison, M

Rogers, J

Denson, D

Lara, G

Gatewood, J

Hellweg, J

Roache, V

Lopez, J

Williams, T

Wang, W

Wagner, T

Rivera, Y

Bradley, J

Matos, S

Jungmann, T

Delmonico, N

Pena, A

Cravy, T

Pierre, N

Diaz, M

As others have noted, that was actually pretty difficult. Considered several others and actually had to leave off some guys I really thought would be included. My next ten in no particular order:

Reed, M

Neuhaus, T

McFarland, C

Diaz, B

Belonis, C

Gagnon, D

Johnson, H

Weisenburger, A

Mallen, F

Yamamoto, J

Archived