Brewer Fanatic

2014-08-03 Brewers (Garza) at Cardinals (Lackey), 1:15 PM CDT [Happy 31st birthday, Mark Reynolds!; Brewers lose, 3-2]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Garza seems like a gamer (I could be wrong.....). Just seems like if something was wrong, it had to be something really wrong for him to say something vocal enough for them to take him out of the game.

All conjecture of course. Nobody knows what's going on.

Maybe it's a blister, maybe it's the mysterious 'pulled quad' that's bothering half the guys on the team. Maybe it's just that RRR is actually as much an idiot that we think him to be.

The fact that Garza was ready to bat tells me that he wasn't really hurt or didn't want out of the game at all.

A player will never ask out of a game, they play hurt all the time as a point of pride. Of course he didn't want or ask to be taken out. It's the manager and coaching staff's job to protect them from further/more severe injury in certain instances.

I get that, but was he even talking to a trainer at all in the dugout prior to getting his helmet on and grabbing his bat?

Maybe it's because I wasn't watching, but I have a hard time blaming RRR for bringing in a shutdown RP or Duke for finally giving up an ER.

More concerned that the offense could only manage 2 ER off of John Lackey...

Maybe it's because I wasn't watching, but I have a hard time blaming RRR for bringing in a shutdown RP or Duke for finally giving up an ER.

The hit Garza gave up was a play Reynolds has made before too. Why not let him go 7-8 and then use Duke?

Just another day with RRR at the helm. The day this clown gets fired will be one of my favorite days in Brewer history.

I doubt Attanasio/Melvin has the stones to do it though, that is the problem.

His press conference is going to be disgusting. reporters will let him off the hook, and he will just sit there looking dumb. PUKE!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I forgot to mention it when it happened, but I don't think the Brewers' graphics department had a lot of faith in Jeffress getting Oscar Tavares out: 'Oscar Tavares 3-run HR' flashes as he hits a single. Close enough...

Haha I saw that too

Formerly AirShuttle6104

The hit Garza gave up was a play Reynolds has made before too. Why not let him go 7-8 and then use Duke?

I think it was a dumb move that made no sense, but it's not like he should have foreseen Duke giving up 2 ER.

Didn't watch either, but on the radio broadcast they mentioned that Garza looked like he tweaked something and was stretching uncomfortably on the mound near the end of the 6th inning. Guessing they didn't want to risk further injury.

When is the last time the cards blew a save to the brewers 2006?

In July 2008 the Brewers swept a 4 game series at Busch. Braun hit a 2R HR in the 9th to win the last one 4-3 and Hall hit a 2 out solo HR w 2 out in the 9th to win the 2d one 4-3 after the Brewers were down 3-0 into the 7th.

Back in April the Brewers fell behind 2-0 and 3-0 at Busch and came back and won in extra innings 2 straight nights.

I think the Cards are in the Brewers' heads thing is overstated.

So RRR gets a pass, and it wasn't just pure stupidity after all...

It is telling that most of believed he would yank him for a pinch hitter though, that tells me that he is still bad at managing baseball.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

An injury. Weird. Lot of people ready to hang RR before knowing the situation.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Mentally soft team.

They didn't look mentally soft yesterday when they scored 7 runs after falling behind by 4 early.

They looked mentally soft blowing a 2 run lead on the road in a big game.

Nonsense. The manager has a brain fart and the reliever can't hold the lead = the team is soft? We're all upset but saying the team is soft is silly.

Mentally soft team.

They didn't look mentally soft yesterday when they scored 7 runs after falling behind by 4 early.

They looked mentally soft blowing a 2 run lead on the road in a big game.

They looked mentally tough beating David Price and Adam Wainwright in back to back games. We can play this game all day.

They're still in first place and have won more games than they have lost so I guess in aggregate they've been more "mentally tough" than "mentally soft" this year, so calling them a mentally soft team is inaccurate.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I will say I'm glad it was because of an injury and not some stupidity by our manager. :tongue

I'm not. I already knew Roenicke was stupid. We don't need Garza being hurt. He's been pretty darn good for the last 2 months +. Losing him for any period of time at all will be a killer.

There was really a lot of jumping to conclusions on this board today. I get it, in-game-threads are by nature going to be that way, but geez. RR knows that Garza is throwing a one hitter and is not just going to remove him at 70 pitches or whatever for no reason. I hope Garza's injury isn't too serious. Can you imagine if RR would have run him back out there and then he suffers an even worse injury because he didn't remove him when he did?

So RRR gets a pass, and it wasn't just pure stupidity after all...

It is telling that most of believed he would yank him for a pinch hitter though, that tells me that he is still bad at managing baseball.

As Topper pointed out we all know that RR is a strict adherent to the 100 pitch rule so there is no way Garza was getting pulled for a pinch hitter with 71 pitches, a 2 run lead and 1 hit allowed through 6 innings. Unless he was hurt. Which lo and behold he turned out to be.

It was fun & telling reading through pages of baseless RR bashing though.

Archived