Brewer Fanatic

2014-08-03 Brewers (Garza) at Cardinals (Lackey), 1:15 PM CDT [Happy 31st birthday, Mark Reynolds!; Brewers lose, 3-2]

TooLiveBrew
  • Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Missed the game, what did RRR do?

May have pulled garza after one hit 70 pitches to pinch hit over bay with 2 outs and a guy on first in a 2-0 game.

If this was RR's thinking he's a goof. It doesn't make any sense AT ALL.

Ok, that's pretty stupid. But Duke has been one of the best RP in the NL this season, so I don't know if it's Shouse-v-Burrell level stupid, even though it appears to have blown up in his face.

Just saw an interesting theory on Garza. Perhaps RRR pulled Gaza as a precaution since he was moved up in the rotation

With the day off, I hardly think that's the case.

Nice at-bat, Herrera.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Garza seems like a gamer (I could be wrong.....). Just seems like if something was wrong, it had to be something really wrong for him to say something vocal enough for them to take him out of the game.

All conjecture of course. Nobody knows what's going on.

Maybe it's a blister, maybe it's the mysterious 'pulled quad' that's bothering half the guys on the team. Maybe it's just that RRR is actually as much an idiot that we think him to be.

Garza seems like a gamer (I could be wrong.....). Just seems like if something was wrong, it had to be something really wrong for him to say something vocal enough for them to take him out of the game.

Maybe it's a blister, maybe it's the mysterious 'pulled quad' that's bothering half the guys on the team. Maybe it's just that RRR is actually as much an idiot that we think him to be.

The fact that Garza was ready to bat tells me that he wasn't really hurt or didn't want out of the game at all.

Duke hasn't been able to close out 2 straight games because he couldn't throw a strike in situations where a walk was worse than a home run. Here he goes 3-0 on Holliday and then grooves the 3-1 then grooves the 1st pitch to the next guy. He (RR) did the same thing before the break when he kept going to Smith who was in a bad patch (including the Phillies game where he pulled Garza who was throwing a shutout with 1 out left to get in the 8th so that Smith could give up 7 runs).

If GoGo wants to be that elite player he thinks he is, this is his spot.

Gomez is an elite player either way, but that's not the kind of situation he exceeds at. Saw a huge swinging K coming a mile away.

The fact that Garza was ready to bat tells me that he wasn't really hurt or didn't want out of the game at all.

A player will never ask out of a game, they play hurt all the time as a point of pride. Of course he didn't want or ask to be taken out. It's the manager and coaching staff's job to protect them from further/more severe injury in certain instances.

Archived