Brewer Fanatic

Predict the Brewers Record - August 2014

lcbj68c

It's really easy to paint every team in a negative light using a teams worst stretch of games.

Calling it "smoke and mirrors," is just ridiculous as is the suggestion that the Cards will gain 9 games in August alone.

Neither Lackey or Masterson are guys who scare me in the least. Wacha might not be back(and won't until Sept at the earliest).

Call them the Pirates and exchange the players and managers and nobody is THIS scared of the Cards.

I never thought I'd say this, but this might be more over the top than the prediction that we'd have a 10 game lead going into Sept.

Can we just let the anti-jinx work here?

It's really easy to paint every team in a negative light using a teams worst stretch of games.

Calling it "smoke and mirrors," is just ridiculous as is the suggestion that the Cards will gain 9 games in August alone.

Neither Lackey or Masterson are guys who scare me in the least. Wacha might not be back(and won't until Sept at the earliest).

Call them the Pirates and exchange the players and managers and nobody is THIS scared of the Cards.

I never thought I'd say this, but this might be more over the top than the prediction that we'd have a 10 game lead going into Sept.

Sure, if we end the month with a 4-5-6 game lead, I'll give you the credit!!

I have an unusually good feeling about the Brewers going into this month. The Brewers SEEM to deal with aces as well as anyone and we certainly have our share this month.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Sure, if we end the month with a 4-5-6 game lead, I'll give you the credit!!

I have an unusually good feeling about the Brewers going into this month. The Brewers SEEM to deal with aces as well as anyone and we certainly have our share this month.

Not wanting the credit, just setting my hopes low. The disappointment over the last few months of under .500 ball hurts less when you don't predict 20-7. So this time, I'll predict 11-16 and let the reverse jinx do its thing.

26-1

Whelp, im out.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

• 3 weeks later...
(3) at Saint Louis (Wainwright, Masterson, Lynn) 1-2

(3) vs SanFrancisco (Lincecum, Vogelsong, Peavy) 2-1

(3) vs Los Angeles (Beckett, Greinke, Kershaw) 1-2

(4) at Chicago North (Arietta, Hendricks, Wata, Jackson) 4-0

(3) at Los Angeles (Kershaw, Haren, Ryu) 2-1

(2) vs Toronto (Happ, Dickey) 1-1

(3) vs Pittsburg (Locke, Volquez, Worley) 3-0

(3) at San Diego (Kennedy, Ross, Hahn) 2-1

(3) at SanFrancisco (Vogelsong, Peavy, Bumgarner) 2-2

18-10, just like how we normally play in August

Last year they went 13 - 14 in August.

This statement by Rock County isn't exactly a prediction, but if it's meant to be then he got it right.

Several posters including me predicted the Brewers would come in around .500 and that would put them in the thick of the playoff race come September. And that's where we are at now, so let's just hope that this weekend was the rock bottom low point of their losing skid. And in September they have a good month to make the playoffs.

Standings going into September

Saint Louis 78-58

Milwaukee 71-65 7 GB (Trailing both Atlanta and SanFrancisco by a couple for the WC)

Pittsburg 70-66 8 GB

http://i.imgur.com/seh6p.gif

It'll only take a week or so longer than I anticipated.

Archived