Brewer Fanatic

Yankee's Acquire Martin Prado

Bombers

He has played some 1B and all the Yankee's send their way is catching / 1B prospect Peter O'Brien ... I see O'Brien was a 2nd round pick in 2012 but a career .266 .318 in A ball isn't really bringing it.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/07/yankees-acquire-martin-prado.html

http://www.baseball-reference.com/minors/player.cgi?id=obrien005pet

Community Moderator
Really surprised the D-Backs gave up Prado for such a light return. I think he is under contract for two more years. I have to think Arizona could have done much better this off-season.
Not just “at Night” anymore.

Really surprised the D-Backs gave up Prado for such a light return. I think he is under contract for two more years. I have to think Arizona could have done much better this off-season.

That contract is pretty bad though for as much of a disappointment as Prado has been.

This is Jack Burton in the Pork Chop Express, and I'm talkin' to whoever's listenin' out there.

Yep, Prado is at $11M per through 2016. Not sure what they could have managed in the offseason, but don't think it's all that bad; looks like they get a good prospect, unknown value in cash or PTBNL, and ~$25M off the payroll.

Archived