Brewer Fanatic

Price to Detroit in 3 team trade

Patrick425

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/07/tigers-to-acquire-david-price.html

Funny story about this is that I guess there was a bases loaded, 2-2 count situation with the Tigers in the field and Austin Jackson got pulled from the field because of the trade.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Franklin and Smyly is all TB is getting? Is that possible?

That is what I thought when I looked up their numbers. Seems awfully low. Considering we gave up our top pitching prospect (Odorizzi), our everyday starting SS (Escobar), our top OF prospect (Cain) and a good reliever in Jeffress when we traded for Greinke. This seems like a very weak haul for Tampa.

What kind of comparable deal would that be with Brewers? Scooter, Will Smith, and Arcia? Surprised that Melvin couldn't get match that. Guessing they wanted Jimmy and Doug wasn't willing to let go of all those controllable years.

Count me as one that really likes Nick Franklin's upside. I scouted him some last year at Tacoma, and I was impressed with his swing mechanics. There wasn't a lot of wasted movement with his swing. Once he gets moving, that bat of his just explodes through the strike zone. He has an open stance, and crouches a little. But he showed really good pitch recognition. I also watched some tape of him once he came up to Seattle, too. It looks like they closed up his stance a little once he got to the Majors. I don't like doing that. If a prospect has hit well throughout the minors, and isn't showing any real problems, I am not at all a fan of messing with swing mechanics.

I know Safeco eats up home runs (ask Cano), but a lot of highly touted young hitters have gotten up to Seattle, and hit the wall-Jesus Montero, Nick Franklin, Dustin Ackley, Brad Miller. Even Zunino is only hitting .200, though he has 16 home runs. At some point you have to start questioning their development. So I think one of the best things that could have happened to Franklin did. He got out of Seattle.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I would like to see the video of Jackson being pulled out of the game - mid count - because he's been traded. Has that ever happened before?

While I don't think he was pulled out mid at bat, I do know that Joel Youngblood, on August 4, 1982, played two games in the same day--for different teams.

He was a member of the New York Mets to start the day at the Chicago Cubs, and in the 3rd inning of that day game, he got a single off of Hall of Famer Fergie Jenkins. He was 1-2 when he got pulled out of the lineup in the third inning. Mookie Wilson took over for him, and Joel was off to Philadelphia, where his new team, the Expos, were playing the Phillies. He got to the game, pinch hit in the seventh inning, and got a single off of Hall of Famer Steve Carlton.

Pretty wild stuff.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Well hopefully someone beats the A's and Tigers because I would want nothing to do with those teams come October.
"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

I would like to see the video of Jackson being pulled out of the game - mid count - because he's been traded. Has that ever happened before?

Ask and you shall receive: http://m.mlb.com/det/video/v34965799/cwsdet-jackson-exits-to-ovation-after-trade-news/?tcid=mm_det_vid&c_id=det

Thanks. He got a nice ovation. Who's going to play CF for the Tigers?

Ask and you shall receive: http://m.mlb.com/det/video/v34965799/cwsdet-jackson-exits-to-ovation-after-trade-news/?tcid=mm_det_vid&c_id=det

Thanks. He got a nice ovation. Who's going to play CF for the Tigers?

[sarcasm]Miggy[/sarcasm]

Great trade for Tampa Bay! It's a small sample size - only one tenth of a season at 52 PA - but Nick Franklin has been pretty impressive this season with a .363 OBP! (Wait... that's his OPS...?)

Seems like Seattle are the real winners here. They gave up a player they have no room for and received an above average major leaguer they control for 2 and a half seasons.

Tampa seems like they got not nearly enough back for a season and a half of a top 5 starting pitcher. They must really think Franklin is the guy who OPS'ed about .800 in his first 2 months in the bigs, not the guy he's been since.

Detroit once again is just trying to win. They might re-sign Price, they might not. Either way they added a significant player to their roster to win now.

Archived