Brewer Fanatic

A's Trade Tommy Milone to Twins for Sam Fuld

Bombers

wow, wheeling and dealing going on in Oakland... Not sure I like either of their trades, but they sure are making some noise.
"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Fuld would have been a decent upgrade over Schafer as the 4th outfielder. But I wouldn't be willing to offer a higher price than an adequate back of the rotation left-hander under team control for three more years.

Fuld is having a pretty nice year. A platoon with Gomes is a decent replacement for Cespedes. I don't know why the Brewers would want Milone, I'd put Estrada and maybe even Fiers ahead of him on a depth chart. He's a pretty mediocre soft tosser. Oakland seems to pull a couple of these guys out of the ether ever year.
advocates for the devil

He's a 3.5 era guy who is 27 and brings it from the left side and has 3 more years of control. Hes also had this success in the AL, against the heavy hitting angels and rangers regularly, so you could expect the era to lower a few ticks maybe 3.4/3.3 in the NL. A lot to like here.

He would be a nice change of pace in the rotation next season and nice insurance this season. Would also allow the brewers to swap Gorzo for a righty for the pen.

IDK I just think it would have been a good move. When estrada is right I think the have relative equal value. Though estrada is not right this year, for some reason his change took a step back and his soft FB got straighter (he has appeared off balance quite a bit).

Archived