Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Hitters

Through the games of 7/29, here are the 10 Brewers with the most ABs on the season, with their wRC+ and WAR's according to Fangraphs:

Carlos Gomez 138 4.2

Jonathan Lucroy 141 4.0

Jean Segura 59 -0.4

Khris Davis 112 1.5

Ryan Braun 134 2.0

Scooter Gennett 121 2.2

Aramis Ramirez 107 1.4

Mark Reynolds 98 1.7

Lyle Overbay 81 -0.2

Rickie Weeks 103 0.3

and a wild card:

Martin Maldanado 101 0.4

If DM really wants to make a move at the deadline, a SS and a 1B both seem to make more sense than a starting pitcher. It's been 2/3 of a season and Segura has been just plain awful all year and over the last half of last season. Might be time to pick up a SS and send him down to AAA for some time. I assume he has options left? Also to have Reynolds and Overbay both below league average hitting as your 1B is a joke. Maldanado, albeit in a very small sample (only 70 abs all year???) is hitting slightly better than the 1b options.

I'd say there is almost no chance this organization has the guts to demote Segura... I just don't see it happening.

Not entirely the same situation but they didn't have a problem doing it to Hardy.

JJ was 26, Jean is 24. Not sure two years makes a huge difference but it really might give Segura a little more leash. I think it had more to do with Hardy's off the field stuff and rubbing some people the wrong way then it did his play.

It's so weird that Segura is so much better against RHP than LHP. Stinks because he could be a very nice piece if we found another LH SS/3B to step up next season and Segura could fill in for Gennett and at SS. Plus give you some speed off the bench along with being a strong defender.

"This is a very simple game. You throw the ball, you catch the ball, you hit the ball. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Think about that for a while.

Though he's been putrid at the plate, Segura has been outstanding defensively. I think a demotion to the minors would be foolish.

Hardy was also good defensively and had a better track record hitting in the majors. The big difference this time is no major league ready SS in the minors.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived