Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-30 Brewers (Gallardo) at Rays (Price) 11:10 AM CDT [Brewers win, 5-0; 4 RBI day for Maldy]

hawing
I like how we have to go through 3 pitchers in the 9th with a 5 run lead. I'm pretty sure Jeffress could've gotten out of it with a 5 run lead.

Seriously. Three pitchers. And the third has been struggling. I mean, okay, take out Jeffress, fine. But because Duke walks one guy and a righty is up he brings in KRod? What a waste.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

vote of confidence today... go up against a Cy Young winner and a rampaging bulldozer of an opponent and put some solid swings on him. it's not the like playoffs are going to feature a bunch of 4s, 5s and AAAA-types.

getting swept would have been hella-demoralizing. I wonder if there are any "we need the eye of the tiger today" type sentiments on the Rays board.

With the Pirates up 5-4 in the 6th. They don't score again and lose 7-5:

Chris Stewart walks. Double play, shortstop Brandon Crawford to pitcher Jean Machi to third baseman Pablo Sandoval to pitcher Jean Machi to shortstop Brandon Crawford. Gaby Sanchez out at home. Travis Snider out at 3rd.

Gameday actually has this wrong: the catcher threw to Machi after the walk to start it. It looks like Snyder thought there was a guy on 1st and that the walk moved him to 3d.

No such luck. It's asking a lot of the Pads to sweep anybody. We can still thank them for services rendered.

After Venable made it 12-1 and Maness then gave up a single he hit Cabrera on the knee. Cabrera was not happy.

The Pads announcers also noted that Methany was 2 for 16 this year on challenges before he won one last night.

Archived