Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-30 Brewers (Gallardo) at Rays (Price) 11:10 AM CDT [Brewers win, 5-0; 4 RBI day for Maldy]

hawing
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I can't decide if I dislike that baserunning decision or not. You gotta try and pile on the runs when you can against Price. Might've been worth the risk.

Ya. I am on board with that move. The odd's are in your favor of him either putting the ball in play or walking vs striking out. Weeks has struck out 48 times in 193 plate appearances. (25%) So that means 75% of the time he will do something else in that situation.

You also need take home runs, triples, a portion of the doubles and pop ups out of the equation. All of the sudden, it isn't such a good idea.

I see what you are saying. Those are neutral in terms of benefit.

So 24.8% K rate

16 doubles(12), triples(1) & HR(3) / 193 plate apperances = 8.2%

Remainder is 67% he does something else.

That bunt attempt makes no sense at all. Ahead by 3, runner already in scoring position with nobody out, batter who got a hit last time up, high strike out guy on deck... Nothing adds up on that one..

I agree

You also need take home runs, triples, a portion of the doubles and pop ups out of the equation. All of the sudden, it isn't such a good idea.

I see what you are saying. Those are neutral in terms of benefit.

So 24.8% K rate

16 doubles(12), triples(1) & HR(3) / 193 plate apperances = 8.2%

Remainder is 67% he does something else.

Now you have to deduct the negatives of all outs that are made in the air. That will really reduce the benefit. The only positive out is a hard hit ground ball. With one out I can see it once in a while. With no one out I don't think it is a very good idea.

That bunt attempt makes no sense at all. Ahead by 3, runner already in scoring position with nobody out, batter who got a hit last time up, high strike out guy on deck... Nothing adds up on that one..

I agree

The worst part probably was a 2 pitch out for an ace who had an unusually high pitch count.

Archived