Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-30 Brewers (Gallardo) at Rays (Price) 11:10 AM CDT [Brewers win, 5-0; 4 RBI day for Maldy]

hawing
  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why can't Gomez take this approach more often??

Strike two was one of the biggest uppercuts I've seen anyone take, but after that he did shorten his swing, leveled it out, and looked like he was trying to go the other way. Fought off some tough pitches doing it too. Crazy how different those swings were.

If Price gets knocked out early, he may even come in for you guys in relief!

lol ... please no

Something like that HAS happened before in a double header. This situation is fascinating: they WANT to move him now for max return, but their fans will be up in arms. If Price loses today it could be the tipping point, so to speak. Think of the ramifications.

That was monumentally stupid with Weeks up there who still strikes out a lot, not to mention, you don't know if running Braun there gets in Weeks' line of sight. He had a good pitch to hit and completely whiffed it.

Man, things like that just drive me up the wall. You wonder how many pitches that saved Price that inning.

I can't decide if I dislike that baserunning decision or not. You gotta try and pile on the runs when you can against Price. Might've been worth the risk.

Ya. I am on board with that move. The odd's are in your favor of him either putting the ball in play or walking vs striking out. Weeks has struck out 48 times in 193 plate appearances. (25%) So that means 75% of the time he will do something else in that situation.

Hindsight criticism is what in-game-threads are for!

I can see why some people wouldn't like the move... I just feel like we're going to have limited runners in scoring position against Price so you need to go for it when you can.

I can't decide if I dislike that baserunning decision or not. You gotta try and pile on the runs when you can against Price. Might've been worth the risk.

Ya. I am on board with that move. The odd's are in your favor of him either putting the ball in play or walking vs striking out. Weeks has struck out 48 times in 193 plate appearances. (25%) So that means 75% of the time he will do something else in that situation.

You also need take home runs, triples, a portion of the doubles and pop ups out of the equation. All of the sudden, it isn't such a good idea.

Archived