Brewer Fanatic

2014-07-28 Brewers (Lohse) at Rays (Odorizzi), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-1]

hawing
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When you only throw 1 borderline strike in a sequence of 7 pitches, it's tough to get a call.

Whatever, man. He walked a guy, gave up a nubber off the end of the bat that beat the shift, struckout walked Longoria on what looked like an obvious home team/star player call, and then gave up a bloop single.

And why would/should it be tough to get a call because of a series of just seven pitches? That makes no sense.

Odorizzi reminded Brewers fans the flip side to trading a top arm (like we would be in Nelson) for a 1.5 year rental in Greinke (like if we traded for Price)

Now I know we went to the NLCS and flipped Greinke for a nice haul but that isn't always the case

Are we really blaming the ball 4 call?

It was a 50/50 call that we didn't get. Extremely close to the corner but not an obvious strike. Definitely could go either way. Can't expect to get every one of those. We didn't. Buckle down and get the out. We didn't.

If you're looking to assign blame for tonight, I'd look no further than an offense that has combined for 1 run in the last 2 games.

Are we really blaming the ball 4 call?

It was a 50/50 call that we didn't get. Extremely close to the corner but not an obvious strike. Definitely could go either way. Can't expect to get every one of those. We didn't. Buckle down and get the out. We didn't.

If you're looking to assign blame for tonight, I'd look no further than an offense that has combined for 1 run in the last 2 games.

Agree. How many of those borderline calls do we get that go unmentioned? I'll fault Johnny and his nine hitters for terrible approaches all night over one borderline call going the wrong way.

Archived